ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestions Please

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

King_tier1

Suggestions Please

Post by King_tier1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:39 am

Gurus and seniors please advise..
I can apply for Tier 1 Extn from March 8th onwards (28 days before my expiry date). Due to current shortage of premium appointments I was thinking about posting my application. Can I post my application next week, anticipating UKBA to process my application by around 2nd week of March? I understand its completely risk taking, but I would like to hear if anyone did this before?

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Suggestions Please

Post by longshift » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:26 pm

King_tier1 wrote:Gurus and seniors please advise..
I can apply for Tier 1 Extn from March 8th onwards (28 days before my expiry date). Due to current shortage of premium appointments I was thinking about posting my application. Can I post my application next week, anticipating UKBA to process my application by around 2nd week of March? I understand its completely risk taking, but I would like to hear if anyone did this before?
You can post your applicatioin anytime before your expiry. Even this early. Just one thing to note though, your visa will be granted from the day they make the decision. From your comments, I guess March 8th is 28 days prior to your expiry. In that scenerio, you are fine to post it next week. They usually take atleast 1-2 months on each application. And thats just the minimum so you will be safe.

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:02 pm

longshift wrote:
You can post your applicatioin anytime before your expiry. Even this early. Just one thing to note though, your visa will be granted from the day they make the decision. From your comments, I guess March 8th is 28 days prior to your expiry. In that scenerio, you are fine to post it next week. They usually take atleast 1-2 months on each application. And thats just the minimum so you will be safe.
Thank you so much for reply, relief now.
UKBA speeded up postal processing I think, a friend of mine applied as sole trader in January and he got extn approval letter today, ie after 30days.

King_tier1

Post by King_tier1 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:04 pm

hello seniors, Any other thoughts ?