ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shall I apply passport or need to apply MN1 for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pavani27
Newly Registered

Shall I apply passport or need to apply MN1 for child

Post by pavani27 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:03 pm

Hi,
I got British passport last week, but I am in dilemma for my child British citizenship because she was born as Irish Citizen in Belfast on Mar 2010 before my settlement(PR approved on Dec 2011), so shall I need to apply MN1 first then apply for British passport or apply directly for British passport as Daughter of British citizen which is born in UK?

Thanks,
Pav.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm

From your other posts it seems that you were on WP then ILR. I assume your child is Irish because of your residence in NI (3 out of 4 years before the birth).

Your child is not British and will need to apply for registration (MN1) as you were not a British citizen or settled at the time of the birth in the UK.