ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

withdrawing money after applying for Tier2 visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

square189

withdrawing money after applying for Tier2 visa

Post by square189 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello all,

I have maintained 900 pounds for 90 consecutive days before applying for the tier2 visa and I have provided my bank statements as evidence for that. I would like to enquire about the following two cases:

Case1-Now, can I withdraw money from my account after applying for the Tier2 visa? (This will result in balance going below the maintenance funds required. Also assuming the sponsor is not an A rated sponsor)

Case2-My sponsor has an A rating and has certified in the COS that they will accommodate me for the required amount. Can I withdraw money from my account after applying? Was maintaining 900 for 90 days even required in this case?

Thank you

Subirajd
Newly Registered

Post by Subirajd » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:34 pm

If your Sponsor has mentioned that they would sponsor the financial requirement,then you would not need to show your financial requirement. I did not show mine when I switched from WP to Tier 2

Gagan1986

Re: withdrawing money after applying for Tier2 visa

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:11 pm

square189 wrote:Hello all,

I have maintained 900 pounds for 90 consecutive days before applying for the tier2 visa and I have provided my bank statements as evidence for that. I would like to enquire about the following two cases:

Case1-Now, can I withdraw money from my account after applying for the Tier2 visa? (This will result in balance going below the maintenance funds required. Also assuming the sponsor is not an A rated sponsor)

Case2-My sponsor has an A rating and has certified in the COS that they will accommodate me for the required amount. Can I withdraw money from my account after applying? Was maintaining 900 for 90 days even required in this case?

Thank you
You will be fine as long as your A rated employer has agreed to support the application

chin1605

Re: withdrawing money after applying for Tier2 visa

Post by chin1605 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:45 am

square189 wrote:Hello all,

Thank you

Case 1: The simple answer is that you can withdraw money from you account after submitting your application following the required 90 days. Even if they want to check with your bank, they will only be looking to verify that you have the amount required over the 90 day period as shown in the statement that you submitted.

Case 2: From the Tier 2 policy, it would appear as if you will meet the maintenance requirement if your sponsor certifies that on the CoS. I would also assume from the foregoing that you can withdraw money from your account after applying; that is if you also submitted a statement along with your sponsor having certified maintenance on the CoS. I also would think that maintaining £900 in your account would not be necessary in this case.

Cheers