ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statements question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ari11
Newly Registered

Bank Statements question

Post by Ari11 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:44 pm

I don't have bank statements and the guidance said that printouts are fine if they have
- name,
- account number,
- date of statement,
- financial institution's name and logo.

However, my bank statements don't have any of the above aside from account number and date of statement. The bank will stamp the statement with the offficial stamp.

Has anyone been through with printed online statements without name, and the bank's name and logo?

Many thanks

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Why don't you go to the bank and ask them to print the statements for you? I got it done last month and it came with all the details name, acc number, address etc. also ask them to stamp on every page of the statement.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm

i agree with Gagan you need the details such as your name etc on the bank accounts. I am surprised that your bank statement doesnt have name. However, request for those statements from your bank and you will be fine.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

corby
Newly Registered

Post by corby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:15 pm

@Ari11

I know this bank and the problem! Some of the banks sends your bank statements by post in 7-10 days when you request approved copies of your them. If you don't have enough time and if the bank does not want to stamp and sign them, ask them to write a cover letter which approves that they are genuine.

Ari11
Newly Registered

Post by Ari11 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:11 pm

@ Corby. Yes sounds like my bank. Refuses to print it out and will send in 10 days. Completely unreasonable.

They will stamp it but the printout doesn't have my name on it and they refuse to write an authorisation letter.

I actually have the official statements from Jan 2012 to Oct 2012 (with my name, account number and address), and the stamped printouts for the last 3 months (with just my account number).

My PEO appointment is this week. I am hoping that it is enough that the account number on the official statements pre Nov 2012 matches the account number on my printouts for the last 3 months. DOn't really want to cancel it over this.....though I dont want to lose my £££ either !!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Banks are suppose to post the Bank Statements every month. Aren't they sufficient? Why get copies from Bank and be stressed and pay a fee as well.???