ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issue of CoS only within 3 months of PSW expiry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ChavNed
Newly Registered

Issue of CoS only within 3 months of PSW expiry

Post by ChavNed » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:01 pm

Hi,

I have worked for my employer (Tier 2 A rated sponsor) for over a year and recently wanted to switch from my current PSW visa to a Tier 2 before it expires at the end of 2013.

However my HR told me that they will only issue me the CoS within 3 months of my PSW visa expiry date and did not give me a reason behind this company "policy".

I am perplexed by their stance, since it will only benefit both parties if i settle my visa application asap and commit my future to the company. Not to mention the rush if my first application somehow fails *touch wood*

As of now i can only guess that it is a subtle way to discourage me from joining another competitor when they issue me the CoS within my final 3 months?

Has anyone experienced a similar situation before?

justdopposite

Post by justdopposite » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:32 pm

I was told the same, that my Visa application processing will start only 3 months before my PSW visa runs out...That's how they have done it for my other colleagues in the company. Although I'm not sure if the company will be sending my visa application or I'd have to it myself. I'll see when the time comes.