ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(o)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Snowflake48

FLR(o)

Post by Snowflake48 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi all, I have limited leave to remain visa under the human rights protection. My husband is a failed asylum seeker and he did applied as a dependant using the flr (o) form. But I'm worried because even though I'm self employed, I don't meet the target of financial side. I'm taking housing benefits and also I'm on medical treatment. We Also have little girl who was born here.
Does anybody been in this situation? If so what was the outcome. Please let me know. And also my husband didn't do any English test. Is it must to do with this application form? Please advise me. Many thanks!

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:42 am

Current there is no requirement for English test when applying for FLR0.

Read guidelines here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf.

Snowflake48

FLR(O)

Post by Snowflake48 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:42 pm

diggingdeep wrote:Current there is no requirement for English test when applying for FLR0.

Read guidelines here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 420091.pdf.
Thanks a lot for your reply!!

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:13 pm

There are no provision in the rules for dependents of someone who has discretionary leave to remain, under Article 8 or Article 3.

He can make a human right application on the basis of you and your family, but there are no provision in the rules for this.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Snowflake48

Post by Snowflake48 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Obie wrote:There are no provision in the rules for dependents of someone who has discretionary leave to remain, under Article 8 or Article 3.

He can make a human right application on the basis of you and your family, but there are no provision in the rules for this.
Thank you!

fatherAbraham
Newly Registered

Post by fatherAbraham » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:50 am

Hi all,
I recently got my ILR and also registered my son as a BC. I am actually not married to my baby's mother and we live separately. She has been the sole carer for my boy since birth as my wife does not know i have a son elsewhere. Not that i abandoned them, but things nearly got very messy a while ago. I went through the ukba site and found the FLRO is about the only option available to her. she is a student at the moment.
Please, What documents does she need to apply with aside my son's British passport? She lives with a relative, would that count against her as she doesn't have a tenancy agreement? She doesn't pay council tax as she's on student exemption too. she also just started work last month, how long does she need to be in employment for? I can see most people on this thread have got to a considerable point with the HO. I will really appreciate your kind advice and opinion on this matter. Many thanks to you all.