ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FROM PSW TIER1 TO STUDENT TIER 4 PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maxwake

FROM PSW TIER1 TO STUDENT TIER 4 PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Post by maxwake » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:14 pm

Dear All

i need a help for my Mate as she is currently on PSW visa which is expiring end of SEPT 2013 and bit worried about the extending her visa she is currently working on 24k a year but the company she is working has in bad debt and they are not willing to sponsor her after her visa get expired this year...she wanted to study further but bit confuse what options does she has can she complete another masters? or does it have to be PHD?this time she is also six months away from completing her TEN years long residence but does require one more extenstion of atleast six months.

is it better for her to go back on student visa or should she apply for TIER 1 Enterpreneur?if she can arrange for investment of £50000 please advise here i am putting her brief hisotry.

would really appreciate if some one can give me advise so i can guide her as she is very worried about the future.

She came in UK in 2004

studied from APRIL 2004 - APRIL 2005
DIPLOMA IN COMPUTER STUDIES (college exists but no more on tier4 register)

MAY 2005 - FEB 2008
BACHELOR IN COMPUTER SCIENCE (same college as above at time of studies it was on register but not any more )

MAR 2008 - MARCH 2009
PROFFESIONAL GRADUATE DIPLOMA IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (college does not exists any more but at time of studying it was fully functional)

APRIL 2009 - MAY 2011
MASTER'S IN BUSINESS ADMINSTRATION FOR TWO YEARS FROM UK UNIVERSITY (I guess level 7 as i am not sure all the above courses levels please help)

after completing the masters from the UNI she got 24 months PSW which is going to expire end of SEPT 2013.

awaiting your sincere advice

thanks & Regards
Max

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: FROM PSW TIER1 TO STUDENT TIER 4 PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:26 pm

maxwake wrote:she is currently on PSW visa which is expiring end of SEPT 2013 and bit worried about the extending her visa
There is no extension for PSW. I think you mean she is worried about switching.

We can't say which type of switch is better as we know nothing about her. It sounds like she has no real goals (wrt business or study) other than to remain in the UK and seek settlement under the long residence category, so, if that is the case, she needs to look at the UKBA site and see what works for her particular circumstances and motivation.

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:03 am

She can apply for Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa and will get 3 years visa.

Her 10 legal years will complete on April 2014 and would then be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

It's not possible anymore to keep studying for 10 continuous years and apply for residency. Read This : http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/offices/inte ... limit.html

She would have to switch into another category... possibly for Tier 1.

There are two subcategories in which one can apply: 1) Sponsor 2) Venture Capital

1) Sponsor : If you have £50,000 funds in your UK bank account, you can sponsor yourself. Otherwise, you can find non-UK bank account holders to sponsor you. You must run a Graduate Level Business (NQF Level 4 or Above) and open a company within 90 days before filing Tier 1 Application. You must also submit a Business Plan and have some contract, etc.

2) Venture Capital : UK based firms (governed under Financial Services Authority) who invest their capital in projects or businesses in which there is substantial element of risk, typically new or expanding business. They can sponsor you for £50,000. Only after getting visa, you have to open a company within 6 months. You can run any business if you are sponsored by Venture Capital.

NOTE : If PSW holder is applying via sponsor, they just need to show £50,000. They can even divide this money into team. However, now UKBA is very strict about this sponsor rule and may ask for proof of transfer of funds anytime.
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks sonia

for the reply in Detail....

really appreciate your help in this regards..

Any One else here please?i am waiting your replies from all the experts
for the guidence.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

She has already spent 6 years studying at degree level or above with tier 4 or pre tier 4 student visas so would full foul of the limit.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 am

so The PHD is not an option any more?well she wanted to switch to tier 2 general as she is getting paid for over 24k but the problem is the company which she is working for they do not want to go for the hassel of applying sponsor licence and all that... so she has left with no choice to look for other means she is been genuine student in the past and when she got the job she was thinking to switch to tier 2 but now things have change as management is not too keen of this company to go thru the hassle of applying for licence and all that...

on other hand she wanted to study PHD and keep the job as part time but now hearing different things that she won't be able to switch to TIER 4...

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:16 pm

any Suggestions from any one?

UK Tier 4 Consultancy
BANNED

Post by UK Tier 4 Consultancy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:30 pm

it looks like she doesnt have time to do a masters course either where the limit is 6 years. she probably have about a year left to do PHD which is not enough.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:47 am

can anyone please help regarding TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR?

inbox me your contact details please.

thanks

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:31 pm

maxwake wrote:can anyone please help regarding TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR?

inbox me your contact details please.

thanks
Please search different threads in Tier 1 Entrepreneur, you will get a lot of information. Also if you go through policy guidance that will also help to answer many of your questions.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

maxwake

Post by maxwake » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:52 pm

Dear Admin

i have just noticed that esic_sonia
this user is banned could you please let me know what is the reason as
this persons has approached me in private as well so could you please
inbox me what is the reason to banning this user as it might help me
as she tried to offer me the services.

Regards
Max