ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK 1 day before PEO appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

travisonline
Newly Registered

Life in the UK 1 day before PEO appointment

Post by travisonline » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:50 pm

I have a Life in the UK test on 25 February 2013 (Monday) at 10am and my appointment for applying for ILR is on 27 February (Wednesday) at 8:30. So there is only one working day between the date of the test and the date of my appointment. I know that the test must be passed not less than 2 working day before the appointment. But that is the situation I am in at the moment.

Question: is there any chance that my test will be accepted on 27 February or there is no chance (because of technical reasons) and the earliest date I can apply for ILR is 28 February (i.e. the day which is 2 working days after my test on 25 February). According to the UKBA website if the appointment is scheduled for less than two days after the test, an immigration officer will not be able to make a decision on the day. What does this mean? Does this mean that (i) an immigration officer will send me home without even considering my application, or (ii) that an immigration officer will accept all the documents and will wait for the next day (but without my involvement) and once the confirmation about the test is received, will issue ILR and send me by post. I just need to understand whether it makes sense for me to travel on 27 February, submit the application and go home waiting for ILR. Or it makes sense to reschedule the appointment (in which case I basically will loose 30 days hence the need to post this question here).

I bought the train tickets to a PEO centre (non-refundable) so I am wondering whether it makes sense to travel on 27 February and check whether the immigration authority received confirmation from the test centre or even not bother and make a new appointment and loose 30 days.

Many thanks!

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:27 am

When you pass your life in the UK test, they advise you at the test centre itself that you have to give 2 days gap in between. All I can say is to be on the safer side, try to reschedule it and see if you can sit on Friday earlier instead of going on Monday 25th Feb.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 am

Your test result won't be on the system within 1 day. Some test centres even advise the applicant leaves 7 days between the test and PEO appointment. It's very unlikely that the PEO wouldn't even accept your application on the day. If they do, without the test results your application would join the postal queue without any priority, for the premium fee.
You may also need to consider the implications if you fail the test. I would recommend you reschedule.

travisonline
Newly Registered

Post by travisonline » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks but I cannot book a test earlier than 7 days so 25 Feb is the earliest day unfortunately when I can book a test...

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 am

travisonline wrote:Thanks but I cannot book a test earlier than 7 days so 25 Feb is the earliest day unfortunately when I can book a test...
I am sorry but you are making it a lot more complicated. I think all the members here are just advising you that there should be atleast 2 to 7 days between the test and application.

I understand that you don't want to postpone your PEO appointment because of non refundable train tickets! However, if you make the trip and application isn't accepted you will anyways loose the tickets.

It's your call at the end of the day. Also, you could still try going to the PEO and application could be processed or not accepted. Or the safer option is cancel your ticket and rebook it once you have managed to reschedule your appointment!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

travisonline
Newly Registered

Post by travisonline » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:07 am

thanks, what I meant by "cannot book a test earlier" is that the system would not allow me to book a test before 25 February (because of the requirement to book a test 7 days in advance). So next Monday of 25 Feb is the nearest test date available on the website. Will probably take a risk and travel to PEO.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:55 pm

You are taking a big risk. Make sure you pass the Test on 25th.Feb.