ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR and redundancy?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Swapneeld14
Newly Registered

Documents for ILR and redundancy?

Post by Swapneeld14 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I intend to apply for ILR in April. I Am on work permit and do complete qualification duration to apply for ILR.

One of the document along with payslips and bank statements I have to submit is letter from employer which gives details about my current job profile and salary as per the Standard Occupational Classification.

Does anyone here know how recent this document need to be? I will be grateful.

I know that payslips and bank statements need to be most recent and

Thing is my company is working on to make people redundant and I am on list. But I will be employed until September 2013. Do you think that will be a problem with my ILR application or employer stating that I will be employed in foreseeable future.

Regards

wmazhar

Re: Documents for ILR and redundancy?

Post by wmazhar » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:22 am

there will be no issue even if you are unemployed for some time, you just need to prove your income threshold with payslips and bankstatements

uksettlement
India

Re: Documents for ILR and redundancy?

Post by uksettlement » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:37 am

wmazhar wrote:there will be no issue even if you are unemployed for some time, you just need to prove your income threshold with payslips and bankstatements
Sorry wmazhar but you are not right. You cannot be unemployed at the time of application as we are talking about a WP holder. However, swapneel you will be fine as you will have a job till April.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:41 am

True, you can't be unemployed being a WP holder. Just a simple line in the letter will do saying that you are still needed in the employment. If you are not going to be made redundant until sept, there is no need to mention it on your employer letter. I hope you will be applying via PEO too