ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed for my spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irfan594

help needed for my spouse visa

Post by irfan594 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:35 pm

hi

i wanted to ask i have the following documents ready

wage slip
bank statement
letter from employer
marriage cert
wedding photos
photo copy of passport certified by a lawyer

the only thing i don't have is accommodation letter i live with my parent so what supporting document do i need and do i need to go to my council i asked the uk visa representative he told me you only need a letter from your mother giving permission and a utility bill with her name so im confuse and also do i need to give a personal statement and if so what do i mention

if i need anything else please let my know and also my date of bith on my british passport is wrong should i change it

irfan594

need help

Post by irfan594 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:08 pm

please can someone help

i forgot to mention regarding communication i have kept all my calling cards

ilm

Post by ilm » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:07 pm

You need to demonstrate that you and your spouse have a place to live, that wont be overcrowded. Read the full notes on getting a spouse visa about other things you need to prove.

There is no list of what you need to provide to demonstrate this but do not 'skimp' on evidence as all too often applications fail due to lack of evidence.

You don't need to get a letter from the council, we certainly didn't. A letter from your mother giving you permission to live there is vital, council tax bills and utility bills will help as they show she lives there. If she owns the property provide something to show this, if she rents it you will have to get permission from the landlord also. I would also get some photos of the house and describe, or better still, draw a plan of the house which shows the size of the rooms. Don't make the ECO have to work out if the house is overcrowded either. Tell them the number of the of qualifying rooms, how many people will be living there and that it will not be overcrowded. Make the ECO's job easy. Same applies for all the other conditions you have meet

As for your other documents it does look a bit 'light'. I can't see anything that shows the mariage is subsisting for a start?

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:15 pm

hi thank for the replay ilm

first thing how can i prove the house isn't overcrowded and do i hv to go the state agent to get the measurments of the rooms

i would be gratefull if you could tell what documents you sent to support your application

i only use calling card to phone my wife which i have kept she doesn't have pc so i can't send email

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:37 am

can someone help

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:20 pm

Well I submitted the following evidence to support my wifes application:

Employment letter
Pay Slips - 1 YEAR
P60
Bank Statement - current account
Bank Statement - savings account
Attested PCOPY OF house deed
Attested PCOPY of PASSPORT
Attested PCOPY of Birth Certificate
Attested PCOPY of National Insurance card
Attested marriage certificate
Various Pictures
Photos of House
Letter of support from friends and relatives
Call itemistation for mobiles
Old phone cards used
Sponsorship declaration from Solicitor
Sponsorship Undertaking form Form SU07/01
Evidence of money sent to support wife
Evidence that I paid the sponsorship fee
Confirmation of where my brother and sisters work\live.

Thats all I can remember for now!

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Re the housing issue - submit a letter from your mother stating that she gives permission for you and your wife to live in the property, and to confirm that there is adequate room. Also submit utility bills in your mothers name and title deeds for the property which will prove ownership.

Submit photos of the house and internal main living areas too if you can. After all, every little helps :)

irfan594

Post by irfan594 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:52 pm

thanks for the replay

regarding overcrowded i have 3 brother but they don't live here do i have show any evidence or will they ask or found out

also did anyone send a personal or sponsor letter if so what did you include as im not sure what to write as the content of the letter is very important

the house is in my father and mother name (joint) but my father passed away 2years ago and according to the law the house goes to my mother but the deed has both name do i need to provide my father death certficate

many thanks