ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Succesful Spouse Visa - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

The Confused One

Succesful Spouse Visa - Pakistan

Post by The Confused One » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 am

Hi Guys,

If you remember i was worried about my husband's visa application, i received news today that it has been succesful! I want to thank for the invaluable information that was provided on this site as it made all the difference to the paperwork.

I have been trying to track the application on Visadropbox however that never gets updated as it is still showing as 'in process'.

The Gerry/FedEx office rang my husband on Saturday to advise that his documents are ready to collect on monday, i was really worried as you dont know what will be in the package until you recieve it. Thanks to Allah (swt) my husband has got his visa and should join me shortly

My Previous notes show what i submitted but here is a brief outline:

4 months payslips
3 months bank statements
my salary per month is under £1000
savings of £4500
benefits letter
tax letter
accomodation letter from landlord and local authority
phone bills, wedding photos
personal statement from me
certified identity documents

This was the perfect birthday present!

The Not So Confused One

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:42 am

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Not So Confused One! Glad it all worked out for you. Have a long and happy life together in the UK.
John

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:59 am

Congratulations. I am glad it all worked well.
Goodluck with your life in UK.

Zhenia
Newly Registered

Post by Zhenia » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:01 am

Hi The Confused one! Congratulations!

Great present for St Valentine's day as well!!

Just a quick question: How long did your husband had to wait for the interview?

All the best
Zhenia

ZD

Post by ZD » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:21 pm

Congratulations! Did you apply at Karachi?

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:56 pm

Congratulations!

My husband and I applied to Islamabad and got rejected. We found out on Tuesday 13th February after he had his interview same day. We are both going through the agonising process of an appeal or re apply.

Can I ask you, what do you mean by benefits letter? You are obviously working as you have produced payslips, so can you clarify what you mean by benefits letter?

Assad
Newly Registered

Post by Assad » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:23 pm

rainbow24: InshaAllah you guys would succeed in re applic/appeal..
what reasons did they give of the rejection?

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Hey Guys!

Thankyou so much for your best wishes

Zhenia; i didnt have an interview, we applied through fedex office and got a reply back within two months without an interview or anything

ZD; i appied at Mirpur

Rainbow; I am really sorry to hear about what happened with the visa, I know exactly how stressful is because the day before we got a reply i was really nervous and could not sleep or eat!

The benefits letter was just a letter by the DSS to confirm that i am not in reciept of any benfits and have never been in reciept of any. I read your posts and would imagine that the main reason why it was rejected at the interview stage was because your husband did not present the evidence that you can support him as the evidence you gathered was really good.

are you just appealing or are you re-applying as well?

rainbow24

Post by rainbow24 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:54 pm

I dont understand the appeal process. Because my husband did not provide the original documents, can we just fax them over to Islamabad first without going to a hearing?

The Confused one and Assad - the reason they rejected him was because he provided no payslips, no bank statements, no evidence of accomodation, no evidence of marriage etc which was all in the folder he left at home!!

If we can send all the info, what is the time limit for this. I just don't understand.

The Confused one - thanks for confirming to me what the benefits letter was about.

I am just fed up right now because it has all gone horribly wrong for us.

Assad
Newly Registered

Post by Assad » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:33 pm

How do I make my appeal?If you have the right of appeal the Entry Clearance Officer will give you three forms:
your written notice of refusal (setting out why your application for a visa has been refused);
your notice of appeal (the form which you must complete and return to the Entry Clearance Officer explaining why you think he or she was wrong to refuse your application); and
a leaflet explaining the appeals process.

Is there a time limit?Yes. You must complete and return the notice of appeal to the entry clearance officer within 28 calendar days of receipt of the notice. If the notice is posted to you, this time limit starts from the date you receive the notice.

How much does it cost?There is no charge for an appeal against refusal of visa.

What happens when I make my appeal?

When the Entry Clearance Officer receives your appeal he or she will review the application again, taking account of any further comments you have made in the Grounds of Appeal and of any fresh evidence. The original decision may be reversed at this stage, and an entry clearance issued.

If the Entry Clearance Officer does not alter the decision, and you choose to exercise your right of appeal, he or she will write an Explanatory Statement, which will explain in greater detail his or her reasons for refusing the visa. This will be sent with all your papers to the Home Office for onward transmission to the Immigration Appellate Authority and to your representative.

What does the Immigration Appellate Authority do?
The Immigration Appellate Authority (IAA) was set up by Parliament to resolve immigration appeal cases. The IAA will arrange for your representative in the UK to receive copies of all the relevant papers, including the Entry Clearance Officer’s Explanatory Statement. The IAA will then arrange for your case to be heard.

Who will decide the outcome of my appeal?
An independent adjudicator will hear your appeal in the UK. When considering an appeal, the Adjudicator will take full account of all the evidence presented by you and/or by your representative, as well as by the Home Office. He or she will then make a judgement based upon the Immigration Rules and on the individual merits of your appeal.

How long will my appeal take?
Family visit appeal –The IAA’s aim is to process Family Visit appeals as quickly as possible. Paper hearings, generally, are dealt with more quickly than oral hearings, but neither should take more than a few weeks, after the papers have been received by the Immigration Appellate Authority. Unfortunately, it is not possible to give guarantees on how long an appeal will take and this information is given for guidance only.
Other appeals – It is not possible to give times for other appeals. It is likely that the appeal will not be listed for a hearing for some considerable time, possibly up to one year.

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 8996402063

im sure when u provide all the info/evidence, they'll reverse their decision

lxf2442
Newly Registered

Post by lxf2442 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:19 pm

Congrats!! :D

Pry for me though!

MikeCharlie

Post by MikeCharlie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:11 pm

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

irfan594

help

Post by irfan594 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 am

hi

congrats confused one on ur husband getting a visa i wanted to ask i have the following documents ready

wage slip
bank statement
letter from employer
marriage cert
wedding photos
photo copy of passport certified by a lawyer

the only thing i don't have is accommodation letter i live with my parent so what supporting document do i need and do i need to go to my council i asked the uk visa representative he told me you only need a letter from your mother giving permission and a utility bill with her name so im confuse and also do i need to give a personal statement and if so what do i mention aslo what tax letter did you provide buy the way i haven't applied yet i have planed to submit the application form by end of march

if anyone could help it will be grate

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Congrats!

Two months is not bad - we have been quoted 2-3 months (ISB)

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:09 pm

Looks like BHC in Islamabad are turning around their applications quickly nowadays then.

Assad
Newly Registered

Post by Assad » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:21 pm

hey ive got all the documents ready apart from accomodation

i live with parents in council house and as per council i cannot apply for her to come in this residence

therefore i would have to rent flat/house

Question is: that all my documents have my current address on them wheras the rented accomodation would be a new address!! would this create a problem?

thanks in advance

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:24 am

Well the tenancy agreement you submit will have the date that the tenancy commenced on so the BHC will probably realise that the other documents were gathered before you commenced the tenancy, so it should be fine.

By the way, when you submit the tenancy agreement then try and get a letter from the landlord confirming that they give permission for your spouse to live in the property with you too once they arrive in england.

The Confused One

Post by The Confused One » Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:01 pm

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, i keep on forgetting my password!

Assad I was in a similar situation to you with my post coming to my parents house rather than the rented accomodation.

The second problem i had was that i could not start a tenancy agreement because i did not want to live there on my own without my husband so instead of submitting a tenancy agreement i submitted a letter from my potential landlord confirming that once my husband comes to the UK we will will move in to the property - so i didnt even submit a tenancy agreement

Howver my cousin who also applied for husband had all her post going to her parents rather than the rented accomodation so she wrote on her personal statement that for safety and security reasons all her wriiten correspondance goes to her mums house!

irfan594 You just need a letter from you Mum to confirm that she allows you and your wife to stay with her, the reason why i submitted a letter from the local authority was to confirm that the accomodation was suitable and not overcrowded

Do you have a p60 or a p45?

I didnt have any so i submitted a P2, make sure you get something to confirm that you are with the inland revenue, i also rang the local jobcentre and asked them to write me a letter to confirm that i am not claiming any benefits

Do you have any letters from your wife or Phone bills? Again it is important to show how you maintained your relationship whilst you were apart?

Is your marraige certificate translated into english?

I also submitted a certified copy of my passport travel pages to show that i did go abroad to get married, a cerified copy of my birth certificate, a certified copy of my national insurance card

Thats all i can think of at the moment, is that okay?

The Not So Confused One

alisameer
Newly Registered

hi confused one

Post by alisameer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:32 pm

plz see next post.
Last edited by alisameer on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alisameer
Newly Registered

hi confused one

Post by alisameer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:33 pm

hi confused one how r u and congrats.can u tell me plz did ur wages transfer to ur bank account directly or ur deposited it urself? if u deposited urself then what kind of inland revenu papers u submitted in bhc? u said p2 can u explain p2 and other submitted evidence in bhc
to prove yourself with inland revenu ? and can tell me the exact time I mean which date did u apply in fedex and wich date did u receive from fedex plz exact dates because I applied in january 2007 and exactly 9 weeks passed now.thank u so much.