ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INVITED FOR AN EEA2 INTERVIEW AT UKBA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sara1991

INVITED FOR AN EEA2 INTERVIEW AT UKBA

Post by sara1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Hey Guys I have a question and I really hope you answer me , basically this is a situation where couple of people are and I would appreciate your help.

My husband and I have been invited for an interview at the UKBA in Liverpool. We have got married recently in August and started living together since then. We 're originally from the same country (but he is an EU national too), even same city and have same religion, beliefs and culture

Just to let you guys know it is a very genuine relationship as we know each other since we were kids but I am bit uncomfortable because most of people I know haven't been asked to attend an interview so my hubby thinks that they only invite people who think they're suspicious - IS THAT TRUE???

Another question is: Anyone of you guys have idea about what the questions would be? what type of questions, how long would the whole thing take ?

Guys please only reply if you have been in the same situation and attended an interview OR someone who is close to you has.

Any help would be extremely appreciated

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:42 pm

There are a number of posters who have been invited to interviews. Do not presume that there is something inherently suspicious about your situation. Cooperate and be honest, if you are not sure of the answer to a question or its not relevant to your situation, state that.

I wish you the best.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Thank you, i now see why u asked me to post only once :D

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:48 pm

No problem. I hope it all works out.

boloney

Post by boloney » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:10 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:No problem. I hope it all works out.
does anyone know if people are allowed to record this count of interviews? I`m not going to be invited to one but just want to know if UKBA can stop someone from recording? like they can`t stop people from recording seizure interviews.

wolf123
Newly Registered

An Important Question.

Post by wolf123 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:46 am

People must have seen UK BORDER FORCE tv program.
In which they catch people/deport illegals and conduct the interviews on the airports/different places.
These include people caught at the airport,working illegally,on the wedding days as wel.

Now in the context, my question is for all you guys...

There must be CCTV there while all these activities ...

But you can see there is a cameraman recording while the person being interviewed at the airport Immigration counter or inside the room..

I saw Many UK BORDER FORCE PROGRAM where they always do the recording ...

But my question is ...

doesnt it violate your human rights?

what if you ask them specifically they you do object this recording and you dont want this recording as this is against your rights...is it possible?

Can you ask for Justice of peace or any other main officer/manager to complain and convey your message that you dont want this recordings?

Can anybody tell that when people are called for INTERVIEW at LIVERPOOL office in case of Marriages ..is there personal recording like UK BORDER FORCE PROGRAMS?

If there is recording then is it possible that you can object and say that ''i am not your publicity material and i object this recording,i dont want to be on the TV whether i get refused or passed...

I hope you understand my question in light of all this explanation...

Regards.

sara1991

Re: An Important Question.

Post by sara1991 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm

What?? So they record u while the interview is in
Process to make of you a publicity? Are u guys sure

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rachellynn1972 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:08 pm

That is just a program to promote them selve for publicitx purpose. Many people do not know their right but for those that knows you will see that their face are blur in the tv program. If i were you. I simply say i am not stopping you for video record me but if i find my face and voice in any of your tv program. First i will sue you for violation of my right to personal life and sue you for unpaid royalties of my voice and video. Buy right you can demand that your face and voice must not be found in of there tv promotional content. It is called content right.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:19 pm

How horrible ! Would they at least make us aware of it? Or they'd just do it without even our permission. Did it happen to u Rachell?

wolf123
Newly Registered

Its important to know about VIDEO RECORDING(SARA)

Post by wolf123 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:54 am

hi Sara.

if you go on youtube..write ..UK BORDER FORCE ..you will find many videos there.
you will see many people being recorded while being detained.being interviewed etc.etc.
there you can see and you will find loads of insight into what i was saying.

I dont know whether its happening in liverpool office or not while being interviewed ..

i just wrote my concerns there so that somebody might have gone through so that they can tell us something here ...

but the common sense and perhaps i presume LAW protects citizens as well to stop them recording or at least BLURRING THE FACES AND VOICES
because end of the day ..people should not be subjected to publicity/promotion or any other tv or commercial content without their prior approval...i believe LAW protects general public.

But please ask others members about this and hopefully we can find any answer about this ...

Also one more thing about your case...

i know your case is genuine but one thing that is very important

while being interviewed ...stick to the point...keep the answers to the point and short ....
dont go give them extra details,unnecessary details which they dont ask for.

For example in your case i would suggest you not to mention about both of you being COUSINS..

Also,once your interview is done please dont forget ME in your happy moments...

i and others do need your help ,so once your interview is done kindly come here as soon as possible and share your questions and anything which can be helpful for all of us.

sara1991

Re: Its important to know about VIDEO RECORDING(SARA)

Post by sara1991 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 am

Hi wolf thanks for your suggestions but would there be any problems if they know we're distance cousins? I mean if thy ask how and when did u meet we have to be honest isnt it?
And also my barriter mentioned this when doing the application , is there any probs with that

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:34 pm

Certain people are not allowed to marry one another under UK law.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

The definitions can be found here

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/16

or here if you prefer a summary

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibited ... _and_Wales

sara1991

Post by sara1991 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for your effort, I really appreciate it, these marriages are prohibited even my religion.

Thanks once again