ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa issued without interview?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

spouse visa issued without interview?

Post by mark_milhouse » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 pm

Hi all! Just wondering: Is a settlement/ spouse visa ever issued without the need for an interview??????????

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:04 pm

I think if the ECO cannot make a decison with the evidence submitted then he\she will call you in for a interview...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:15 pm

Just wondering: Is a settlement/ spouse visa ever issued without the need for an interview??????????
Yes, it happens, but not in every British Mission, and certainly not for every application.

It all comes down to the quality of the supporting evidence!

Mark, where in the world is the British Mission you are concerned about?
John

mads

Post by mads » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:27 pm

Hi John
I applied for my settlement/spouse visa in 2005 and I was not called for an interview and got my visa approved within 2 weeks. I did use an agency and they ensured I had more than enough paperwork to prove evidence of our relationship. I suppose it did help that we lived in sa for about 4 years together as a married couple before my hubby got a job in the UK and decided to return to Britain.
mads

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

Post by mark_milhouse » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm

The mission I am concerned about is in Bombay.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:42 pm

mark_milhouse wrote:The mission I am concerned about is in Bombay.
You have to say Mumbai now!

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:39 am

Is a settlement/ spouse visa ever issued without the need for an interview??????????
Hi, I applied for my settlement visa in Colombo (SriLanka) I was issued visa the next day with out calling for an interview. Well Obviously I produced them tonns of evidence.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:12 pm

It's interesting how some missions issue Visa's within a day and others take 2-3 months I guess its down to how busy they are...

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:56 pm

It's interesting how some missions issue Visa's within a day and others take 2-3 months I guess its down to how busy they are...
I think it mainly depends on the evidence you submit in support of your application.

roninxxx

Post by roninxxx » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:28 pm

Yes and I also think it depends from what country you are applying i.e am sure there is a "school of thought" that gives ECOS the belief that applications from developing countries are more "GENUINE" than applications from a "third world" country - i.e. more reason to leave the country etc.

Discrimination it maybe but I will not be suprised if it does exist.

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

Post by mark_milhouse » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:50 am

elias, did you give the same kind of evidence mentioned in this website? if you did add a few new things, please will you share them with us..

Cheers!