ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Delay

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gramophone
Newly Registered

Student Visa Delay

Post by Gramophone » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi,

I'm an American citizen/Singapore PR who has made a Tier 4 student visa application in Singapore, where I am currently residing. The application was made in 3 September 2012, but the UKBA has yet to come to a decision. I understand that my application has been sent to the UKBA's processing center in Manila, Philippines, where all the region's applications are centrally processed.

It has been in processing for about 5 months now and when queried, the UKBA would only reply that there were still "checks to be carried out". Due to the delay, I was unable to attend my university in 2012, though they have since deferred my place to this year.

I do not understand why it is taking so long; the processing has fallen way beyond service standards. When I offered to provide any additional documentation to speed up the process, they replied that they have everything that they need. Apart from that, the UKBA is has been generally ignoring all of my email queries.

This is so frustrating and I do not know what else I can do. Any advice or similar experiences you can share will be very useful. Thanks!

esic_sonia
BANNED

Post by esic_sonia » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Have you tried tracking the status online?

Go through the following link. It explains the process in detail (plus it explains you how that tracking process is done)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English
------ In recruitment & consultancy business for more than 5 years. I only provide advice with first hand information. Please do not take my advice in legal perspective. For find more about venture capital investment, kindly contact me ------

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Have you asked your university to make enquiries on your behalf?

vignette

Post by vignette » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Have you tried contacting the British High Commission in Singapore? I know the processing is done in Manila but they might be able to find something out for you.

Deviser

Re: Student Visa Delay

Post by Deviser » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:37 am

Gramophone wrote:Hi,

I'm an American citizen/Singapore PR who has made a Tier 4 student visa application in Singapore, where I am currently residing. The application was made in 3 September 2012, but the UKBA has yet to come to a decision. I understand that my application has been sent to the UKBA's processing center in Manila, Philippines, where all the region's applications are centrally processed.

It has been in processing for about 5 months now and when queried, the UKBA would only reply that there were still "checks to be carried out". Due to the delay, I was unable to attend my university in 2012, though they have since deferred my place to this year.

I do not understand why it is taking so long; the processing has fallen way beyond service standards. When I offered to provide any additional documentation to speed up the process, they replied that they have everything that they need. Apart from that, the UKBA is has been generally ignoring all of my email queries.

This is so frustrating and I do not know what else I can do. Any advice or similar experiences you can share will be very useful. Thanks!
Actually, you cannot do anything except wait for the UKBA decision.