ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AussieBlueJeans
Newly Registered

Re: Approval

Post by AussieBlueJeans » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 pm

AussieBlueJeans wrote:Just got an email from my solicitor and my passport and approval letter arrived today.

I'm so happy and relieved!! :D
Can someone update my timeline for me please, because I can't edit it.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Skydrives

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm

How to use Skydrive?
Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Not sure you need an ID. I haven't logged in with anything to use it as it appears to be a public spreadsheet.

olukemiff
Newly Registered

Bio Card in...and my story

Post by olukemiff » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:56 pm

Time line:

Applied: 2nd July 2012
Biometric: Oct 2012
Documents return: 14th Feb 2013
Bio card: 15th Feb 2012
Changing from Tier 4

Tier 4 visa ran out: Oct 2012

This is my story

I did an online application on July 2nd, money was taken out the following day and i got acknowledgement letter back like a week after that.

All my documents were returned to me in first week in August with a letter saying invalid application saying that did not pay. I sent them my documents back with copy of bank statement and receipt i got online as proof that i paid.

The following week again, documents sent back with a letter saying I didnt send them any international passport and marriage certificate. Also that I filled out a wrong application form and was asked to re fill another one that was sent with my documents

I replied them again with a list of all the documents i sent, without filling out the new application form. I told them that the application form MUST be correct since i filled it out online and if it was wrong then its a cockup from their end and that they should find all the 3 international passports i sent.

I didnt want to fill out the new form as they might want to treat me under the new rule in which case my husband and I would not qualify.

Ending of August, got a bio letter but was sent to wrong address. Another was sent in early sept- a reminder. In late sept the third one was sent with totally different reference number. I didnt get that until it was over the period given to do it.

I did it anyway in Oct at a post office in east london. Got a withdrawal threat letter late in oct saying i didnt give biometrics. I had to send them a copy of d bio reference i did with postoffice receipt.

I waited till jan 3rd 2013 when it was 6months and started calling them but got same response as others--"still under consideration"

Got my solicitor to write them a sort of reminder late january and here we are after just over 7months. All my documents including all the passports and certificates they said was lost were returned. UKBA is obviously messed up.

I dont think that the lawyer's letter had anything to do with it getting the result tho, i think its just my time.

I know its a long story but dats what ukba have made me pass through...

Best of luck to all you guys out there.

whitequeen

Re: FLR(M) docs delivered!

Post by whitequeen » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 pm

backagain wrote: Congratulations Whitequeen! Yours has been an epic trial. Glad that it is all over. Enjoy!
Hahaha..I know! It's great I can smile now! :D

By the way, does DX courier deliver on Saturdays? I'm not sure if my hubby and I can go out tomorrow as we don't want to miss the BRP delivery.. :?

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi guys I have collected my BRP card today....I pray for those people waiting that they will receive their documents soon

maggie786
Newly Registered

Re: Good news to you all

Post by maggie786 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:47 pm

lekmat01 wrote:Hi guys I have collected my BRP card today....I pray for those people waiting that they will receive their documents soon

when u recieved ur documents bak

lekmat01
Newly Registered

Good news to you all

Post by lekmat01 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:33 am

submitted July 5th 2012 and receive all my documents back on the 13th of February

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Post by emyfraser » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:15 am

I'm hugely excited to say that my documents arrived today, with the BRP to follow! It has been an amazing help to see the progress the UKBA have been making over the past month, and actually have what they've been telling people (about what month's biometrics they're processing) turn out to be true. Seeing the September and October biometrics coming through recently gave me hope that I'd get everything back in the next week or two, but imagine my surprise when I heard a large package being pushed through my letterbox this morning--- yes, my postie just puts things that should be signed for through my letterbox and I didn't actually sign for anything.

My timeline:

Application: 18 August
Acknowledgement: 21 August (I think)
Biometrics letter dated: 28 Sept (ish)
Biometrics enrolled: 5 Oct
Documents received: 16 February (dated 13 February)
BRP: w/in 7 working days

How fortunate that I'd already booked us a table at a nice restaurant for tonight!

NB: I've just followed the directions to update Skydrive, but it doesn't seem to want to let me type anything (yes, I'm in edit mode!) - can someone please update for me? Thanks!

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello all, we received a "sorry we missed you" card from mail man this am. We were both out and it's addressed to my husband, and now will probably have to wait until Monday.

Hoping its from the home office, and that it's a positive result.

We made the application in September (20th) and did bios on 8th dec.

I'm a little shocked that we'd be getting something back already given they also requested additional documentation which they would have only received on Wednesday!

Fingers crossed!!

ShazIslam
Newly Registered

Post by ShazIslam » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:12 pm

YAAYYYY!!! Just as I was going to work today, the mailman was standing at my neighbours door and I asked him anything for my flat? And he took this big package out of his bag and handed it to me. I ran back inside the house and opened it :D and it was my passport and all the documents back, with an approval letter, stating that my BRP will follow in 7 days. Im sorry, I didnt get the time to read for how long the visa is issued or anything else, since I was getting late for work!!!

I feel like throwing a party !!! Never felt this happy!!

Luckyjinx u r next, i hope!!

I didnt make any complaint to anyone, neither the HO, or the MPs as I have noticed it just stresses u out more and more. We keep waiting for letters from the HO anyway, and then waiting for additional responses from MPs or anyone, is just another nightmare !!!

So keep ur fingers crossed and I hope , by the end of this month, July and August applicants get their documents back with a positive response.

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Woo hoo!!! My husband managed to track the parcel down, and it was from ukba....all documents back and visa granted...BRP in next 10 working days!!!

Timeline
Applied 20th sept 2012
Biometrics 9th dec
Request for more docs letter received 11th feb2013
Returned docs on 12th, which they should have got on 13th
Docs returned with approval 16th feb

We are both very happy and relieved!!! Woo hoo!!!

Well don't to every one else that has been getting replies too

Ps I don't know the conditions yet as I'm not with my husband so haven't seen all the details, but think we were considered under old rules as husband arrived I spouse visa in April last year.

shendean

good news all of ya

Post by shendean » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:42 pm

hope mine is getting nextmonth. Congrats all of ya
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

maggie786
Newly Registered

biomatric card not recieved yet

Post by maggie786 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:49 pm

hi i got my documents bak on 8th feb but not recieved biomatric card yet is anyone who is waiting for biomatric card after recieving approaval.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

New Skydrive

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:45 pm

emyfraser wrote:NB: I've just followed the directions to update Skydrive, but it doesn't seem to want to let me type anything (yes, I'm in edit mode!) - can someone please update for me? Thanks!
Hello All,

For some reason the link to Skydrive was corrupted. It has now been sorted. Please let me know if it causes any problem whilst trying to update/edit.

Inconvenience Regretted.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: biomatric card not recieved yet

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:46 pm

maggie786 wrote:hi i got my documents bak on 8th feb but not recieved biomatric card yet is anyone who is waiting for biomatric card after recieving approaval.
UKBA wrote:What should you do if your biometric residence permit is not delivered?
If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. In your email you should state:

your full name;
your date of birth;
your nationality;
your passport number;
your case reference number;
the delivery address for the permit; and
a contact telephone number.
If you do not provide all this information, there may be a delay in answering your query.

You can also send this information by post to:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ,
Returns Unit,
PO Box 163,
Bristol
BS20 1AB

You cannot ask about undelivered permits in person at our public enquiry offices or biometric enrolment centres.

Courier deliveries

Your biometric residence permit will be securely delivered by courier to the address you have provided to us. When it is delivered, you must sign for it and show identification such as your passport or driving licence. If you are not present when the permit is delivered, the courier will leave a calling card containing contact details so you can rearrange delivery. You must contact the courier as soon as possible.

If you do not rearrange delivery, the courier will send you a reminder letter. If you still do not rearrange delivery of your permit, the courier will attempt a second delivery. If you are still not present and the courier cannot deliver your permit to you, the courier will notify us of the failed delivery.

We will then send a reminder letter to you advising you to contact the courier as soon as possible to rearrange delivery. We will hold your permit until you make contact to request delivery, or until it reaches its expiry date. If you do not contact us and your permit reaches its expiry date, it will be cancelled and destroyed. You will then have no permission to stay in the UK, and we will send another letter informing you that, if you intend to remain in the UK, you must make a new application for permission to stay and provide your biometric information.
Skydrives, Templates

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:31 pm

curlyk wrote:Woo hoo!!! My husband managed to track the parcel down, and it was from ukba....all documents back and visa granted...BRP in next 10 working days!!!

Timeline
Applied 20th sept 2012
Biometrics 9th dec
Request for more docs letter received 11th feb2013
Returned docs on 12th, which they should have got on 13th
Docs returned with approval 16th feb

We are both very happy and relieved!!! Woo hoo!!!

Well don't to every one else that has been getting replies too

Ps I don't know the conditions yet as I'm not with my husband so haven't seen all the details, but think we were considered under old rules as husband arrived I spouse visa in April last year.
hope mine will come this month i submit my bio on 31st december
case applied on 19th october finger cross and congrats all of you nice to see lots of people got their visas congrats all
Do good and get reward

monn.p
Newly Registered

Post by monn.p » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 pm

I got my documents back on the 6th and haven't got my brp card neither. I emailed them but haven't got a reply, called DX and haven't got nothing for me. Should I be worried >.< :cry: :cry:

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 pm

monn.p wrote:I got my documents back on the 6th and haven't got my brp card neither. I emailed them but haven't got a reply, called DX and haven't got nothing for me. Should I be worried >.< :cry: :cry:
did u got ur aproval letter with docs
Do good and get reward

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:32 pm

monn.p wrote:I got my documents back on the 6th and haven't got my brp card neither. I emailed them but haven't got a reply, called DX and haven't got nothing for me. Should I be worried >.< :cry: :cry:

If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

In your case, It has only been 8 working days AFAI can see.
Skydrives, Templates

shendean

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21463492

Post by shendean » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:50 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21463492

News for today sunday feb17!
Shendean
Applied for Extension FLR-M
Ack Letter: Nov112012
Bio Given: Jan30 2013
Request Husband Passport: Feb14 2013
Husband passport Arrived Feb26 2013-ukba dont need the passport sent back
Refused Letter: march 5 2013

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21463492

Post by mrsabih » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:58 pm

shendean wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21463492

News for today sunday feb17!
nice one
Do good and get reward

maheid79
Newly Registered

Post by maheid79 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:02 am

applied: August 7
Biometrics: December 9

not heard anything since and it's now 6 months... should i be worried? and does anyone know a number to call where you get people on the other end?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:23 am

maheid79 wrote:should i be worried?
Not really, check the Skydrive for FLR(M) to see what the waiting list is like and this might give you some sort of relief.

The good news is, we've seen 32 members (Skydrive Stats) received their decisions in Feb which is a record time high (Touch-Wood). Hope it continues the same way and its not long you should hear from them soon.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skydrives, Templates

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 am

balasinor.bristol wrote:Lads how long does the biometric takes to come through? There is no letter in the mail stating the visa has refused so what shall I assume??
Have you heard anything since your last post?
Skydrives, Templates