ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

creweman
Newly Registered

ILR Urgent

Post by creweman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 pm

My wife's visa runs out on the 5 of march 2013 she due to take her test on 22nd of February. I have a few questions
1 if she does not pass she as enough time for one more attempt but after that she will be close to her deadline, is it true you get a 28 days before she as to leave without facing any problems
2 if she passes and we apply by post I have heard it can take up to 6 months but she's allowed to stay until a decision made
3 I am currently not working on job seekers for the past 3 months will this effect the application
4 have been to we can move to another eu country as I am an eu and she my spouse
Ps the visa she as is a spouse visa

lolainkent

Re: ILR Urgent

Post by lolainkent » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:41 pm

creweman wrote:My wife's visa runs out on the 5 of march 2013 she due to take her test on 22nd of February. I have a few questions
1 if she does not pass she as enough time for one more attempt but after that she will be close to her deadline, is it true you get a 28 days before she as to leave without facing any problems
2 if she passes and we apply by post I have heard it can take up to 6 months but she's allowed to stay until a decision made
3 I am currently not working on job seekers for the past 3 months will this effect the application
4 have been to we can move to another eu country as I am an eu and she my spouse
Ps the visa she as is a spouse visa
1. I think you have to wait 5 days if you fail before taking it again so she could re-do it if she fails. I've heard of the 28 day extra on this forum, but that's better answered by someone who knows more.
2. Provided her application goes in on time her visa status stays the same while it's being processed.
3. I'm not 100% on this, but I would this so. You have to provide proof of financial status for 4 months leading up to the application (bank statements, payslips, etc) in order to prove that you can support her.
4. No clue, sorry.