ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings for Tier 1 (General) extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ango_26

Previous Earnings for Tier 1 (General) extension

Post by ango_26 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:35 pm

Hi,

I am going to apply for Tier 1 extension in 2 days time and have few questions.

1. My previous earnings in UK were 40111 GBP but I had also received overseas earning for sometime which comes to around 2500 GBP after applying the exchange rate.

Now should I also include my overseas earnings in the application or leave it to keep it simple. The reason I am not able to make up my mind is that I am claiming points for 40000-49999 band and my UK earnings were just at the start of the band.

Please advice.

2. Also, should I include a cover letter for application? Some people here in the forum advice to and some don't.

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Previous Earnings for Tier 1 (General) extension

Post by longshift » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:57 pm

ango_26 wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply for Tier 1 extension in 2 days time and have few questions.

1. My previous earnings in UK were 40111 GBP but I had also received overseas earning for sometime which comes to around 2500 GBP after applying the exchange rate.

Now should I also include my overseas earnings in the application or leave it to keep it simple. The reason I am not able to make up my mind is that I am claiming points for 40000-49999 band and my UK earnings were just at the start of the band.

If your calculations are correct and you have got 40111 gbp, you don't need to show the overseas income. No harm in showing though. But to keep less paperwork and things simple, it would be better not to. Make sure that you calculate your gross one more time.

2. Also, should I include a cover letter for application? Some people here in the forum advice to and some don't.

Cover letters are only required if you need to explain anything in your application. Since the form itself is so thorough that all the details are quite specifically asked in it. To be really honest, no need for cover letter. But as I said, if you think you need to explain something which is out of ordinary do include it.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks for your reply longshift, it helps and calms my mind :)

Because of the change of my University name, my Qualification degree Institution is not on the PBS anymore. So I chose the equivalent qualification on PBS. Although I don't need to supply my Original Degree for verification because it was provided to UKBA for my Inital Tier 1 applicatopn, I was thinking to mention about it on Cover Letter. Is it worth doing so or not?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:31 pm

ango_26 wrote:Thanks for your reply longshift, it helps and calms my mind :)

Because of the change of my University name, my Qualification degree Institution is not on the PBS anymore. So I chose the equivalent qualification on PBS. Although I don't need to supply my Original Degree for verification because it was provided to UKBA for my Inital Tier 1 applicatopn, I was thinking to mention about it on Cover Letter. Is it worth doing so or not?
In this case, I would say mention it. You should not have any problem since your degree was approved the first time so it should go through this time too. I have noticed that during Tier 1 extension, their main concern is your income. Since it will be the only thing new in the application. So they will verify it. All the docs which got verified initially do not get much attension. But that doesn't mean, ignore them. Cover all ends. If money is not an issue and if you have time, also get a Naric certificate as that will definately secure points for your degree. Just to be on a safer side. Good Luck.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks longshift.