ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eligibility for Naturalisation application.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

eligibility for Naturalisation application.

Post by gj6ab5657 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Can any one help for Naturalisation application eligibility - just realise that, before I contact and Pay to NCS ~ I entered first in the UK 16 November 06, my wife and two children came to UK 28 August 2007 we got ILR on 29 Feb 12 can I put my family file on 1 March or after together for Naturalisation? or only eligible my shelf and wife and children can apply on or after 28 August 13? (Just give you briefly Age of my children My son is 14, and daughter is 12) and we ware only 28 Days away from UK during this all period as our family Holidays.

Thank you in advance for your helpful suggestion and much oblige to this immigrationboards.com for all of us to get for each and individual this lots of information

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:07 pm

You all can apply British Citizenship together as joint application and save fee. Good luck

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Hi!

Post by gj6ab5657 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:01 am

skymoon wrote:You all can apply British Citizenship together as joint application and save fee. Good luck
Thanks skymoon for your quick response but still I confuse to read Guide AN for the Naturalisation Booklet says ''Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK, If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application you might not meet the residence requirement and your application may be unsuccessful.'' can you see above date about my wife and son eligible for their application? please let me know. Thanks again

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Re: Hi!

Post by gj6ab5657 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:
skymoon wrote:You all can apply British Citizenship together as joint application and save fee. Good luck
Thanks skymoon for your quick response but still I confuse to read Guide AN for the Naturalisation Booklet says ''Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK, If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application you might not meet the residence requirement and your application may be unsuccessful.'' can you see above date about my wife and son eligible for their application? please let me know. Thanks again
Dear Guru's or Moderators please any one come forward and give me your precious suggestion about should I do family file together and It will be ok? please let me know-Thanks

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:16 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:
Your wife and son entry date is 28 August 2007 and 5 years will be completed by 28 August 2012, they have Indefinite Leave to remain so they can apply with you.

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 pm

skymoon wrote:
gj6ab5657 wrote:
Your wife and son entry date is 28 August 2007 and 5 years will be completed by 28 August 2012, they have Indefinite Leave to remain so they can apply with you.
Thanks lot skymoon and much oblige for your suggestion.

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 pm

I don't think you can apply for your family now. You can apply in Aug though. Or it'll have to be after you getting citizenship and they apply as wife of a British citizen.
I would double check it if I were you

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:51 pm

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am

Gopaalan wrote:I don't think you can apply for your family now. You can apply in Aug though. Or it'll have to be after you getting citizenship and they apply as wife of a British citizen.
That's not correct. They all can apply together on 1 Mar 2013 assuming all were present in the UK at the beginning of 5 year residential qualifying period on 2 Mar 2008.

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:00 am

ban.s wrote:
Gopaalan wrote:I don't think you can apply for your family now. You can apply in Aug though. Or it'll have to be after you getting citizenship and they apply as wife of a British citizen.
That's not correct. They all can apply together on 1 Mar 2013 assuming all were present in the UK at the beginning of 5 year residential qualifying period on 2 Mar 2008.
Thanks ban.s and Gopaalan for look into my case my confusion is If there is requirement for 5 years residency+1 year ILR than my wife and elder son not eligible but my shelf and under 13 year old daughter can be allow for Naturalisation from 1 March/after and my spouse(Wife & son) can apply 29 August 13/after as I'm guess and I'm going to apply through NCS will they let us know about or not? (Just for your knowledge during our stay in the UK just 28 days was family holiday in 2009)

Much appreciate if you can spare little time for me to give answer-thanks again

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Post by gj6ab5657 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 pm

gj6ab5657 wrote:
ban.s wrote:
Thanks ban.s and Gopaalan for look into my case my confusion is If there is requirement for 5 years residency+1 year ILR than my wife and elder son not eligible but my shelf and under 13 year old daughter can be allow for Naturalisation from 1 March/after and my spouse(Wife & son) can apply 29 August 13/after as I'm guess and I'm going to apply through NCS will they let us know about or not? (Just for your knowledge during our stay in the UK just 28 days was family holiday in 2009)

Much appreciate if you can spare little time for me to give answer-thanks again
If you see in the UKBA website,
The residential qualifying period is calculated from the day when we receive your application. Most unsuccessful applications fail because the applicant was not present in the UK at the beginning of the residential qualifying period. You must make sure you meet this requirement before you make your application. For example, if we receive your application on 25 March 2010, you must show that you were in the UK on 26 March 2005.

If you have spent time in the UK while you were exempt from immigration control, you cannot include this time as part of the residential qualifying period - If this red line words mean for my wife and son not fulfill their qualifying period? for their application for the Naturalisation on 1/3/13

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 pm

It's NOT 5 years + 1 year ILR but 5 years including the last 12 months on ILR.

Also you don't need to worry about the red line as you mentioned above. It's not applicable to you. with an ILR, you are not exempt from immigration control, just your immigration status has no expiry date.

Exemption from immigration mainly relate to diplomats, UN officials etc.

gj6ab5657
Mood:
India

Thank you ban.s

Post by gj6ab5657 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:08 pm

ban.s wrote:It's NOT 5 years + 1 year ILR but 5 years including the last 12 months on ILR.

Also you don't need to worry about the red line as you mentioned above. It's not applicable to you. with an ILR, you are not exempt from immigration control, just your immigration status has no expiry date.

Exemption from immigration mainly relate to diplomats, UN officials etc.
Great! Thanks lot ban.s, I'll get chilled now after your guidance. Thanks again mate