ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question on bank statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vivekmang
Newly Registered

question on bank statement

Post by vivekmang » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:43 am

per ukba guidelines the electronic statements are acceptable but the bank stamp should appear on each of the pages. I requested my bank to mail me all the statements with the stamp only to be told that the bank does not have any official stamp whatsoever. All the bank will do is to mail me the very same electronic statements which I could have printed off from their website myself.
With my bank it seems like all I can get are the electronic statements and of course a stamped envelope from my bank showing my mailing address.
Does anybody here have any experience/suggestion about this issue ? Many Thanks..

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:46 am

If the bank is mailing you the statements then its not an electronic bank statement, so no requirement for a stamp to appear anywhere.

The bank should print it on their headed paper which is what the requirements are.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

chary
Newly Registered

Post by chary » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 pm

From my experience:

I had earlier requested my bank over phone/branch to provide me the bank statements as they give my monthly statement. They can trigger the interim bank statements anytime. It normally takes 3 to 7 working days depending on the bank.

If that does not work, many banks (Barclays, Lloyds, Halifax) appreciate clients printing the online statement and take to their branches which will be stamped by them after verification.

My friend did not get the bank statement in their letter head when he requested over phone, but when he went to croydon Lloyds, they knew what exactly the Home office wanted and they gave in their letterheads.