ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marital Status Changed after TIER 1 Gen

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Konaine
Newly Registered

Marital Status Changed after TIER 1 Gen

Post by Konaine » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi All,
My Tier 1 Gen Extension is coming up soon and i had a query that i am a little confused about.

I got my T1 initial visa in 2011 and got married in the UK in 2012. I am wondering whether i should have filled a change of circumstances form and informed the HO. .
Now that my extension is coming up I will fill my marital status as married. Are there any implications in doing so?

My husband is a NON EU national and is also on a work visa. Will i need to submit any details regarding him along with my documents?

Many Thanks in advance.

Konaine
Newly Registered

Post by Konaine » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 am

Kindly Reply please..

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:24 am

there is no requirement to inform UKBA any change of circumstances once a decision has been taken on the application. just state you status as married in your extension application.

exception to the above - if the change of circumstances has material impact on the original application e.g. ceased working for an employer that sponsored T2, or stopped studing at a uni that sponsored T4 or separated from a spouse that sponsored Dependent visa etc.