ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time taken to process spouse visa in India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

Time taken to process spouse visa in India

Post by mark_milhouse » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:59 pm

Please can anybody tell me how long it takes to process a spouse visa in India : Bombay / Madras?

Cheers!

Mark

loozit
Newly Registered

Post by loozit » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:31 pm

I am not sure about the British High Commissions you mentioned but at Chennai it took less than a week each time we submitted the application, although they did refuse both.
I am currently appealing decisions.
Please make sure you have everything covered in your evidence folder.
Best of luck

mark_milhouse
Newly Registered

Post by mark_milhouse » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:06 pm

Thanks loozit,

I hope I am not being too inquisitive, but why were your applications refused and on what grounds? did you not provide enough evidence etc?

loozit
Newly Registered

Post by loozit » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:43 am

The applications were fine, put together by lawyers.
My husband had previously overtstayed a student visa and this is all they talk about.
They accuse him of using marriage to enter uk even though i am 7 months pregnant and had supporting letters froim several witnesses including the reverend at my church.
So, why was it refused? because the UK government values the opinion of a bigotted dearly beloved over that of a man who works for the church of england or over the life of me and my child who with the amount of stress i am under im surprised is still here.
AIT dont think the fact that im 7 months pregnant and mum has terminal cancer a good enough reason to bring the appeal forward.
Just the same as the British High Commission dont see it as a good enough reason for me to not go to india and live. Although on their travel advice section it does say i shouldnt travel their as is a danger to mysefl and unborn child. :roll:

Rant over