ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of University name in Point-based calculator

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ango_26

Change of University name in Point-based calculator

Post by ango_26 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Hi All,

I have a query for all the experienced people out here in this forum.

I am soon going to apply for the Extension of Tier 1 (General) visa.

I did my qualification from previously called "Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow". My degree certificate has this name on it.

The university was bifurcated into two different universities with effect from May 1, 2010. The name of the new university which is "Gautam Budh Technical University, Lucknow" is currently available in the Point-based calculator but the old university name is not.

Now, I am worried that when I apply for extension, UKBA might not recognize my degree certificate and as a result might decline my extension.

I called UKBA Immigration helpline. They couldn't help but advised to talk to UK NARIC. I called UK NARIC and asked them what to do. They couldn't give me any assurance and advised to apply for a Statement of Comparability which is an officially recognised document that confirms the status of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK. It costs around 50 pounds to do so, which is not a problem.

But I want to check with you guys if anyone has experienced same issue and what are the suggestions/advice to deal with it.

Please help me!

Many thanks.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am

Can anyone help plz?

nextweek
BANNED

Post by nextweek » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:19 am

ango_26 wrote:Can anyone help plz?
Please mail to :

wpcustomers@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. they will refer to your case and give the correct answer
or
Contact to

http://www.ecctis.co.uk/naric/Contact%20Us.aspx

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 am

Thanks for your reply but I have already spoken with NARIC team. They couldn't give me an answer on phone.

Is it advisable to get a formal letter from NARIC and submit to UKBA?

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:11 pm

ango_26 wrote:Thanks for your reply but I have already spoken with NARIC team. They couldn't give me an answer on phone.

Yes. UK NARIC is the main source of assessment for UKBA Scoring points for your qualifications

nextweek
BANNED

Post by nextweek » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:32 pm

ango_26 wrote:Thanks for your reply but I have already spoken with NARIC team. They couldn't give me an answer on phone.

Yes ,you can submit the NARIC letter to UKBA with your application.And also it mention in your cover letter.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:03 pm

I don't see any issue here. Just use the new name and also mention the old name (formerly known as ...). you don't need to submit the certificate as it was included in your first application.

also include a print out of the home page of http://www.uptu.ac.in/ - it clearly states the new name and old name.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:31 pm

thanks 'ban.s' - I kinda agree with you, I will call UKBA again tomorrow and try to explain this to them and see what they suggest....

firoz365
Newly Registered

Post by firoz365 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi ango, I am also facing same issue . Have you found anything ?

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:27 am

Hi All,

I am bit confused as what name of the University should I mention on my Tier 1 General extension form.

Should it be the new University name as available on PBS calculator or the old University name as mentioned on my degree?

As per my Initial Tier 1 General application, it should be the original University name. What do you suggest?

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:11 pm

I had a similar issue... provided the new name and ticked the box saying proof has been given in previous application... Though I used PEO service not postal...

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks for your reply bubin123.

I am probably be doing the same. I also have PEO appointment.

Did you face any problem or questions on this? Should I worry about it? I dont have any letter from UKNARIC.

ango_26

Post by ango_26 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Sorry I meant to say that I was planning to mention the old university name as it was mentioned on initial application. What do u think about it?