ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and changing job?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

black_bird

ILR and changing job?

Post by black_bird » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 pm

hi all, my extension (HSMP+Tier1) will expire 8th of Jun and I will apply for ILR. But I am thinking of changing my job. I've been working for the same company for the past 5 years. Will changing job at this time complicate things?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:38 pm

No. I presume you will be applying as a Tier 1 General Migrant, in which case a key point to remember is that you will need to meet all requirements for ILR as a T1G applicant at the time of your application & have all the necessary evidence to support it. This will include points for previous earnings and the associated evidence.

black_bird

Post by black_bird » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm

thanks cs95tdg! i haven't read learnt the latest rules, but basically my understanding is that i would need to provide the following to get ILR:

1.12 months of continuous salary slips out of 15 months before visa expires, total sum needs to be equal or greater than amount for first application

2. meet the continuous residency rule, list the time away, ask my company providing a letter to agree on that.

(because i wasn't on work permit, I dont think I would need to have a company letter stating they would need me to work there in the future?)

my thoughts are:
1.i can provide 12 months of pay slips up till end of march, and then change my job. if I apply in may i should have 12 mths within 15mths

2. ask my current company to provide letter on annual leaves/time away before i switch to new job , but would it still be valid 3 months later when i apply?

3. if i do change my job, will home office ring to check with my old company and get told i am no longer there, would that be a problem? Or do i need to tell home office once i start working at new place?

thanks!!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Please download & read the latest SET(O) form and guidance to begin.

Additionally please see the ILR FAQ Sticky: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

The questions you have will be answered by doing so. Note that a T1G is not a employer sponsored immigration category, so there is no requirement to be employed by a single employer or to provide a letter confirming your employment (or that you are required for the foreseable future) when applying for ILR as a T1G Migrant.