ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed : Lost passport :need to travel fast

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imdabs
Newly Registered

Self employed : Lost passport :need to travel fast

Post by imdabs » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:59 am

HI All,
I am on HSMP (before 2006)-> Tier 1 valid till year end.. unfortunately I lost my passport (along with my 2 dependent's..) .. gone with it is stamps and visas .. :(

Now as my FLR is expiring in few months anyways, so thinking of applying ILR directly.. but few things:

How would I prove my absence?? postal application is not an option as I need to travel in march due to business (which can be very critical for my business)

I might not have many of the exact dates of travel (though can get rough idea) so how to declare them.. ( i am travelling 7-8 times a year).. giving wrong dates might be counted as deception.

I dont have much tax/pay etc to show because as a tech-start-up i was rather putting money from savings/friends. Company is spending whatever we are earning in almost totality (including on travel and marketing) in last two years and not much revenue to show before that..

I know I might need to hire an attorney but wanted to consult all you fine helping gentlemen. to know my options. :P

imdabs
Newly Registered

Anybody???

Post by imdabs » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 am

nobody got clue??
Am I the first person whose got his passport stolen..?
I did try searching a lot.. but couldnot find any pointer..

closest i found is on another site..http://www.ukresident.com/content/artic ... rience-r76

Please advise as I am looking to apply next week

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 am

Just guessing here - Report lost passport to the police and keep case number. Apply for new passports at your embassy and temp travel documents. I would assume If you have a BRP then that will show your status to return back to the UK with a temp passport. Can't comment on the income reinvested into the business.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

imdabs
Newly Registered

Post by imdabs » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:05 pm

Thanks DieselD,
I did report the passport on the same day and got new passports.
unfortunately dont have BRP..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:13 pm

OP, you may find the information in the following thread useful: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114633

imdabs
Newly Registered

Post by imdabs » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 pm

thanks a lot cs95tdg!!!
that was really helpful!! i was going through google and forum search for last several days but could not find anyone else in similar situation...
So from that thread it seems sar40 can be key..

I might have some e tickets from last one year.. but not much boarding pass or soemthing

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes, I would make a SAR as soon as possible (even though this will not give you your departure dates), as they have a 40 day SLA for it.

Search using "stolen" as a keyword under the ILR forum and you will find other experiences. I sent you this particular link as the applicant was in a much worse situation than you and managed to get his/her ILR approved in-person. That applicant was very proactive in getting what was required done quickly and got timely responses to specific question when required on this forum.

I take it, that you never kept a copy of the passport you lost?

I'd urge you to search for whatever evidence you have of your travel trips, may be in email archives which contain booking confirmations, e-tickets, online check-in confirmations, i.e. anything you can find. May be your employment leave and business trip records can help too.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm

As you haven't put any dates on it that when you will be applying for your ILR or if you have already booked an appointment. You should apply for SAR report without delay. Though they say 40 days, it can take(normally takes) upto 2-3 months.

imdabs
Newly Registered

Post by imdabs » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:49 pm

HI Gagan,
I booked for 2nd April yesterday night.. applying for SAR today...

HI cs95tdg,

I have copies of flr pages (which luckily i found on my pc as I have scanned them for emailing whenever i needed to send to new landlords for verification etc.. but nothing else.. and i had quite a few stamps as i travel almost monthly for business

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:51 pm

imdabs wrote:HI Gagan,
I booked for 2nd April yesterday night.. applying for SAR today...

HI cs95tdg,

I have copies of flr pages (which luckily i found on my pc as I have scanned them for emailing whenever i needed to send to new landlords for verification etc.. but nothing else.. and i had quite a few stamps as i travel almost monthly for business
If you are going to tick you want all files on SAR report it won't be back within 40 days. Tick the relevant areas you want info about. It will be processed quicker