ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child first passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

marty

child first passport

Post by marty » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:47 am

Hi everybody
i am applying for my daughter's first UK passport from Canada and my question is who can sign as a counter signatory in Canada ? The boyfriend of my sister is an engineer and i just wondering if there is any trouble coz he is also the godfather of my daughter . As they asking for non-relative counter signatory is that fine if he is not married to my sister?
thank you lots.

tinux

Post by tinux » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:16 am

Someone who has known you personally for at least two years should complete and sign and endorse the passport application form and passport photographs. That person should be a British Citizen, Irish, EU or Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing who has known you for at least two years.

If you do not know a British national or other Commonwealth citizen locally with these qualifications, a citizen of the country in which you are residing may complete and sign the form, provided they have a similar standing in that country and has known you for two years. In certain cases you may be asked to produce further documentary evidence of identity.

If you are unable to provide a countersignature, because you have recently moved to the country of application or are short-term visitors, provided our consular staff have no doubts regarding your identity you may not need to provide a countersignature.
Proof of identity may include your previous passport bearing a photograph showing that you are clearly the same person, or any other photographic ID may be acceptable.

For a child's application, the counter-signatory should be someone who has known the parent or guardian for at least two years.

Please note that relatives, consular or passport staff, are not permitted to countersign.

If you are not able to provide a counter signatory you must enclose a letter with your application explaining why and enclosing your additional ID documents.
http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv ... sport-FAQs