ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for entry clearance

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Documents required for entry clearance

Post by lotstoread » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:47 am

Hi All

I am travelling to india tomorrow with my wife and kid.

Both me and my wife are on ilr and have got biometric card and my son has got a british passport with indian visa stamped on it.

Can somebody please advise what documents should i carry for our entry clearance on the way back? Please respond urgently guys as i am leaving tomorrow.

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:02 am

ILR holders do not require further entry clearances, if they are returning to the UK for settlement within two years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Post by lotstoread » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:07 am

vinny wrote:ILR holders do not require further entry clearances, if they are returning to the UK for settlement within two years.
Thanks for the reply.

What i meant was what documents di i carry to show to the immigration officer at airport? Is my bioteric card and passport enough?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 am

Normally, sufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

lotstoread
Newly Registered

Post by lotstoread » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:12 am

vinny wrote:Normally, sufficient.
So is there anything else that i should carry just to be on a safer side? Which is more than sufficient.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:17 am

Click on given links for more details.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 am

Travel normally with your passports and brps.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.