ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa query for UK born

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ritabh
Newly Registered

Dependent visa query for UK born

Post by ritabh » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Hi,

I have an urgent query regarding Tier1 general dependent visa for UK born child. I have dependent visa appointment on 28th Feb and I am showing past 3 months original bank statements that I received from bank.

Usually my monthly bank statements are generated on 27th of each month and I receive them by post around 3rd of next month. The last bank statement, which I received, generated on 25th Jan but my appointment is on 28th Feb so in this case I have no of days difference between appointment date (28th Feb) and last bank statement generation date (25th Jan) is 34 days.

As per visa guidance it is stated that "All evidence must be dated no more than 31 days before the application is submitted.".

Please could anyone confirm whether I can apply for dependent visa in these circumstances as this is not my fault if bank hasn't generated latest statement or is there any other way to avoid this situation?

Many Thanks
Ritabh

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 am

You can ask your bank to change diary date of your statement and generate another one till yesterday and send across to you.
Alternately, you can print out the remaining days from online banking and get it stamped from a branch...
Some banks can provide printouts in branch on headed paper which is acceptable by home office...

ritabh
Newly Registered

Post by ritabh » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks for the reply. I ordered the online bank statement but it could take 7-10 working days as per bank's guideline and at branch nobody provided me the bank statement on company headed paper when I wrote this post. Basically I asked this query in case I don't get my bank statement before 28th Feb what are other options available for me. Anyways I received my bank statement on 4th working day after making online order.

I want to share my experience if someone came across with such situation. I have LBG account and my bank's branch manager was not willing to generate the bank statement neither on company headed paper nor ready to stamp on online bank statement. I registered a complaint against my branch manager and stated that if this issue is not resolved in due course, I'd close all my accounts with LB and may take further action. On the same day itself action has been taken and next day I collected the bank statement from the branch on company headed paper. The lame excuse was given that branch was out of stationary thats why statements could not provided on company headed paper on the other day.