ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

balasinor.bristol
Newly Registered

Post by balasinor.bristol » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:10 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
balasinor.bristol wrote:Lads how long does the biometric takes to come through? There is no letter in the mail stating the visa has refused so what shall I assume??
Have you heard anything since your last post?

Not till now. However I got my documents back on Wednesday
considering it till today makes 3 working days excluding Saturday. Will update you soon. Can you please update my time line by some or the other fault i just can't edit it.
Many thanks.
Balasinor.Briatol

tamilmaran
- thin ice -

Post by tamilmaran » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 am

maheid79 wrote:applied: August 7
Biometrics: December 9

not heard anything since and it's now 6 months... should i be worried? and does anyone know a number to call where you get people on the other end?
Your status is similar like mine, Got a reply from my MP, that my timeline would be dealt in end of March, but it seems that the current trend is good and I am expecting before end of FEB.

Check out the Timeline Excel sheet, it will give you some confidence.

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 pm

BRP card has just been delivered by DX courier!

Here's hoping to those waiting for their's (visas and BRPs) would come soon! :D

ID29

Post by ID29 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:22 pm

whitequeen wrote:BRP card has just been delivered by DX courier!
So pleased for you :D

Whatever the reason for the extended wait for your approval; you deserve a medal for patience. Maybe two.

Congrats also to all those who have recently received good news. They've certainly been coming thick and fast this past couple of weeks. Soon, they'll be no one here at this rate. lol.

It will be interesting soon to see what the processing time is once these last few 'legacy cases' have been cleared. I'm also wondering if we'll see an increase in refusals as more determinations are made under the new rules?

If anyone has yet to add or update their timeline/progress here, now is the time to do it so that others can accurately judge the waiting times.

:)
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

mishfitt

Post by mishfitt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:39 pm

curlyk wrote:Woo hoo!!! My husband managed to track the parcel down, and it was from ukba....all documents back and visa granted...BRP in next 10 working days!!!

Timeline
Applied 20th sept 2012
Biometrics 9th dec
Request for more docs letter received 11th feb2013
Returned docs on 12th, which they should have got on 13th
Docs returned with approval 16th feb

We are both very happy and relieved!!! Woo hoo!!!

Well don't to every one else that has been getting replies too

Ps I don't know the conditions yet as I'm not with my husband so haven't seen all the details, but think we were considered under old rules as husband arrived I spouse visa in April last year.
#

congrats! cant help but be jealous of you tho!

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 pm

hope everyone else gets their responses soon too. Fingers crossed.

Husband and I were a quite surprised as this forum indicated that they were still working on finishing July applications and possibly early August.

We have a theory though, not sure its true... that possibly the straight forward applications are being processed by the new Temporary Immigration Team, who probabally have quite a lot of applications to get through, and are all likely to be the new guys (so slower), and that any application that requires further docs /questions, gets dealt with by the more experienced case-workers, who now have fewer in thier pile...and so are able to process quicker?

We looked at the date stamp of our returned documents and the letter was written on the same day that they would have received our additional info! i.e. once they had all the required information from us, they turned the appilcation around within 1 day!

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:40 pm

curlyk wrote:hope everyone else gets their responses soon too. Fingers crossed.

Husband and I were a quite surprised as this forum indicated that they were still working on finishing July applications and possibly early August.

We have a theory though, not sure its true... that possibly the straight forward applications are being processed by the new Temporary Immigration Team, who probabally have quite a lot of applications to get through, and are all likely to be the new guys (so slower), and that any application that requires further docs /questions, gets dealt with by the more experienced case-workers, who now have fewer in thier pile...and so are able to process quicker?

We looked at the date stamp of our returned documents and the letter was written on the same day that they would have received our additional info! i.e. once they had all the required information from us, they turned the appilcation around within 1 day!
I have a different theory. I think at random the caseworkers select applications from a few weeks old. Then they can always say we process in a few weeks and the others that take months all had problems. Therefor it appears they are making progress. I don't believe they process by date order unless some caseworkers are just so slow.
Add your timeline to Skydrive for FLR(M)

strayaleprechaun
Newly Registered

Post by strayaleprechaun » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:49 pm

DieselD wrote:

I have a different theory. I think at random the caseworkers select applications from a few weeks old. Then they can always say we process in a few weeks and the others that take months all had problems. Therefor it appears they are making progress. I don't believe they process by date order unless some caseworkers are just so slow.
I wish we could get someone in "undercover" to reveal all the UKBA secrets. It would be interesting to see what is actually going on - someone contact Panorama STAT!

mishfitt

Post by mishfitt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 pm

oh i cant wait to get home now just incase! Our application is pretty straight forward so fingers crossed.

ID29

Post by ID29 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:03 pm

DieselD wrote:I have a different theory...
I don't believe they process by date order unless some caseworkers are just so slow.
To be fair. Some of the checks they perform will obviously be with outside sources which won't all respond at the same time. Let's say two applications, submitted on the same day, are later allocated to the same caseworker on the same date. The first check the caseworker might do is with the two applicant's respective council tax offices. Town-on-Sea sends a fax back to UKBA within an hour, while City-upon-River takes two weeks to deal with the request and then replies by 2nd class mail. For this and other reasons*, the second applicant is still waiting for a response from the UKBA a month after the first applicant received their approval. And the UKBA naturally gets the blame.

* Employer check, Landlord check, HMRC check, Police, current visa, foreign government etc etc. We don't know which of these are sourced, if any, or whether different applicants are checked less or more.

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:29 pm

ID29 wrote: So pleased for you :D

Whatever the reason for the extended wait for your approval; you deserve a medal for patience. Maybe two.

Congrats also to all those who have recently received good news. They've certainly been coming thick and fast this past couple of weeks. Soon, they'll be no one here at this rate. lol.

It will be interesting soon to see what the processing time is once these last few 'legacy cases' have been cleared. I'm also wondering if we'll see an increase in refusals as more determinations are made under the new rules?

If anyone has yet to add or update their timeline/progress here, now is the time to do it so that others can accurately judge the waiting times.

Thank you ID29! :)

Honestly, I was losing my patience already when it reached 2013! :evil: Today I received a response to a letter I sent to one politician and the letter just said that since it involves UKBA, they forwarded my letter to them! These people don't really read the letters they get! they really are useless! :x

ADee
Newly Registered

Post by ADee » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm

Hi All,,
First of all Shuker Alhamdulillah e Rabbilaalemeen(My islamic way of Thanks to Almighty ALLAH)
and then thanks to all respected members of this thread who were the source of motivation, positivity and immense patience in myself during 7 months two week wait of my FLR M wait.
I am glad finally its over and I received my BRP today via my solicitor.
I congrats all those who received their BRPs and wish the best of luck to those who waiting for their approvals.
My final Time Line is :

Date Applied/Docs sent: 3/7/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/7/2012
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 13/10/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment : 15/10/2012
Date Complaint Sent to HO : 18/12/2012 (Never received reply)
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 14/02/2013(Dated 11/02/2013)
Date BRP Received:18/02/2013( Dated 11/02/2013)
Visa Type : FLR(M) Switching from Tier 4 Student

mindhunter89
Newly Registered

Post by mindhunter89 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:09 am

Hi, I granted My Visa today after longgggggg wait i did NOTHING to chase my application lol Cuz i was following this forum silently And its like I was aware about all situation what is happening around me. Today my solicitor called me and gave me Good news and i'll receive my BRP in 7 working days.well I'm so happy and even cant express my feelings Thanks to All of ya.. :lol:

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:10 am

I received a letter in response to a complaint I wrote to the UKBA a month and a half ago. It's dated for last week, and says they are on August biometrics (which is clearly a lie, since people in October/November/December are getting their decisions, and I have written them a feedback complaint telling them so).

Still awaiting my happy day...congrats to all the recent approvals!

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:22 am

Also, there have been a lot of people asking about travel whilst your application is under consideration. This FOI request spells out the laws that deal with applicant travel with an open visa application

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ing-361400

Shaunplc
Newly Registered

Post by Shaunplc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:51 am

Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I applied for FLR(M) at the end of Jan, received our acknowledgement letter, and the money was taken from our bank within 2 weeks.

We've now just received our documents back, with my girlfriends passport (applicant) but not mine (sponsor) and no covering letter or indication as to why it's been sent.

Has this happened before or does anyone know why it could have happened?

Much Appreciated,

Shaun

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:07 am

Shaunplc wrote:Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend and I applied for FLR(M) at the end of Jan, received our acknowledgement letter, and the money was taken from our bank within 2 weeks.

We've now just received our documents back, with my girlfriends passport (applicant) but not mine (sponsor) and no covering letter or indication as to why it's been sent.

Much Appreciated,

Shaun
Did you apply on the correct forms, These change often. Did you meet the basic requirements. Not sure why your passport not returned. You'll have to phone them and find out. They will take the fees even if you applied in the wrong the catagory.

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:10 am

Shaunplc wrote:Hi Everyone,

Much Appreciated,

Shaun
That's really strange. Call the Immigrations Enquiry Bureau (0870 606 7766) and give them the Home Office reference number that is on your acknowledgement letter.

They have a convoluted system for this number and I only know of one route through to actually speak to a person: when you get to the options menu, press 4, and then press 2 at the next menu (this is supposed to be only for people who have been waiting 6+ months, but like I said I don't know any other way to get through to a real person). Then someone might pick up, or it might ring for a stupidly long time - stay on the line and then you'll hear another message, and then you'll finally reach the hold lobby where you can wait to speak to someone. Hope you get an answer.

Out of curiosity - are you married or unmarried partners? Just wondering why you refer to her as your girlfriend when FLR(M) is a spouse visa...

Shaunplc
Newly Registered

Post by Shaunplc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 am

Yes, everything was correct, met all the requirments etc.

Can't quite believe they wouldn't put a covering letter in!

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:20 am

Shaunplc wrote:Yes, everything was correct, met all the requirments etc.

What visa is your girlfriend currently on.

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am

DieselD wrote:
Shaunplc wrote:Yes, everything was correct, met all the requirments etc.

What visa is your girlfriend currently on.
That shouldn't matter, as long as it was valid when the application was made.

Shaunplc
Newly Registered

Post by Shaunplc » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:32 am

Tier 5 YM.

I'll just have to try and ring the number on our ack letter.

Joy.

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:35 am

[quote="Shaunplc"]Tier 5 YM.

I'll just have to try and ring the number on our ack letter.

Joy.[/quote

Goodluck, hope you come right.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:41 am

@DieselD

Check your PM
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Just to let you all know that my Husband got his BRP today.

Applied: 20th Sept 2012
Biometrics: 8th Dec 2012
Request for more documents received: 11th Feb 2012
Documents delivered / received by UKBA: 13th Feb 2012
Documents returned / application approved: 16th Feb 2012
BRP: 19th Feb 2012

Total processing time: 5 months.