ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of Funds - bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ess2013

Maintenance of Funds - bank statements

Post by Ess2013 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I'm applying in Croydon PEO in March for Tier 1 General extension. My bank (Barclays) sends statements to my home address, issued on the 3rd of each month. I need to show funds from 12 December 2012 to 12 March 2013 (90 days), which means that I will have to cover the gap between 4 March and 12 March by printing from the Account Manager machine in Barclays.

My questions are:

- The Account Manager machine (where you can print statements dating 3 months) shows full name, address, sort code and THE LAST FOUR DIGITS of the account number (the rest are blocked for security reasons). The statements are black and white, on bank letterheaded paper and the bank says they will sign and stamp the bank statements that are printed from this machine. Is this good enough?

- I will have original bank statements till 3 March 2013, so can I use those and then print out the rest of the days (4-12 March) and just get those stamped and signed?

- The bank is not willing to provide a letter verifying that £900 have been in my account for 90 days. Apparently this is a bank policy. Has anyone had success with Barclays in getting this letter?

Appreciate your response!

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:31 pm

This is good enough....

mahajanvivek

Post by mahajanvivek » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:58 pm

I used the Account Manager printouts and got the bank to stamp it. No problems at all.. Same for your maintenance fund. Use your bank statements and whereever there is a shortfall as your bank statement wont come in time use the account manager and get the bank to sign it...

Good Luck...

Ess2013

Post by Ess2013 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Thank you, both. Appreciate your input. My concern was the 'half-hidden' account number I guess. I didn't want that to become an issue! But I'm heartened to read your experiences...thanks!