ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP confusion, plz help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irfan99
Newly Registered

BRP confusion, plz help

Post by irfan99 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi guys

After winning an Appeal based on Article 8 today we have received a letter from UKBA to register a biometric.

I was under the impression that UKBA will write us to send them passport and photograph too so they can endorse a DLR visa on it.

Instead, UKBA letter only say, you have won the appeal on human right and decision has been made to grant you a period of leave, in order to do it you will have to submit your biometric information and etc.

Can someone please tell me, will home office write us again to submit a passport?

Or is the BRP is enough and I’ll not need to submit a passport.

After submitting BRP, how long usually take to received BRP card ?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
Irfan.

ali0123
Newly Registered

Post by ali0123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:04 am

Hi Irfan,
I believe they will just send you your BRP once you have done your biometrics. I won my appeal in October 2012 and was asked to fill a form in January 2013 which I did and was received by UKBA on 16th of January. I am still waiting for the Biometric letter. Will hopefully be here soon.

Kind Regards
Ali

irfan99
Newly Registered

Post by irfan99 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 pm

thanks for the reply..

did you won your appeal on article 8 ? i have done my biomatric yesterday and i hope i'll get my card soon.

I hope you will get the bio letter soon.

thanks.
Arif.

irfan99
Newly Registered

Post by irfan99 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:30 pm

what kind of form did they asked you to fill ? did you apply on FLR(o) ?

ali0123
Newly Registered

new rules

Post by ali0123 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Hi,
yes it was Article 8 application. If you have done your biometrics, you should get your BRP very soon, as your case is already decided.

Kind Regards

irfan99
Newly Registered

Post by irfan99 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:11 pm

do you have any knowledge, what kind of leave i'll be granted, 2.5years DLR or 3years DLR? I have applied under the old rules but were refused without an appeal right, then in Nov 2012 were issued a removal order which game me a right of Appeal..which I Won.

thanks.

irfan99
Newly Registered

Post by irfan99 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:39 pm

hi ali

i hope you are well, did you get your bio letter yet ?

I am still waiting for my BRP card, i read on ukba wabsite it usually came within 10 days after your application is approved, which it was but still no card yet.

kind regards.
irfan