ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Sheffield PEO

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Help!! Help!!

I've got an appointment at Sheffield PEO in a couple of weeks, just wondering why the number of posts about success stories from Sheffield almost went down to 0% since 30th Jan?? this is really concerning me as the last success story was on 30th Jan and there was a failure post on 4th Feb however for a genuine reason for refusal. Will be grateful if someone could throw some light on this?

Thanks,

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm

It all depends on individual cases. Under what category are you applying for? If your case is straightforward you don't have anything to worry about

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:18 pm

this does make sense and hope mine is straightforward too...but was wondering if there was not even one success case that appeared in sheffield PEO since or is it just that applicants appearing in Sheffield are reluctant about updating their experience in this board :(

uksettlement
India

Re: Sheffield PEO

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Vidhya Bharathidasan wrote:Help!! Help!!

I've got an appointment at Sheffield PEO in a couple of weeks, just wondering why the number of posts about success stories from Sheffield almost went down to 0% since 30th Jan?? this is really concerning me as the last success story was on 30th Jan and there was a failure post on 4th Feb however for a genuine reason for refusal. Will be grateful if someone could throw some light on this?

Thanks,
It doesn't matter if there wasn't any success story posted from that particular PEO. As mentioned by Gagan1986 it might help if you can specify exactly your case and what documents you are planning to submit and members can comment on the same.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Gagan1986 wrote:It all depends on individual cases. Under what category are you applying for? If your case is straightforward you don't have anything to worry about
I am in total agreement with Gagan 1986. Don't worry about others just do what you think is right. If your case is not an inappropriate one, then you have no worries. Until you mention your category of application and the list of documents,no body will be able to help you. Other wise you have to look for, successfull experience at Sheffield PEO.

vhathiramani
Newly Registered

Post by vhathiramani » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi,
Just got my ILR from sheffield last week, no problems besides the weather:). a couple of suggestions
1. Make a copy of all originals. The case worker was very grateful as one of the copy machines was not working. speeds up your application process
2. You can use the parking called willis car park, off wicker lane, just 5 mins walk from PEO...3 pounds for 6 hours..
Vimal

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:23 pm

I know 2 of my friends who are active members of this forum and got ILR via Sheffield. They did not write an update here because

1) They do not feel it is some sort of achievement that people need to write about

and more importantly

2) They did not have anything unique in their cases whereby an update will help the members!! All straight cases, within rule where there was not even a 1% doubt to get ILR.

Updates generally come from people who were anxious about the result (and hence not simple cases) and felt relieved at getting ILR. So, all you can conclude that there have not been complicated cases going in Sheffield from this forum and the reason??

With complicated cases people prefer 2 options a)Croydon - senior case workers, instant decision 2)Solihull - friendly people, they wont take your money unless you will succeed.

With Simple cases, it does not matter where you go !!

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:34 pm

akash08 wrote:I know 2 of my friends who are active members of this forum and got ILR via Sheffield. They did not write an update here because

1) They do not feel it is some sort of achievement that people need to write about

and more importantly

2) They did not have anything unique in their cases whereby an update will help the members!! All straight cases, within rule where there was not even a 1% doubt to get ILR.

Updates generally come from people who were anxious about the result (and hence not simple cases) and felt relieved at getting ILR. So, all you can conclude that there have not been complicated cases going in Sheffield from this forum and the reason??

With complicated cases people prefer 2 options a)Croydon - senior case workers, instant decision 2)Solihull - friendly people, they wont take your money unless you will succeed.

With Simple cases, it does not matter where you go !!
Totally agree that no one is bound to share their experiences here. But don't agree that it won't help other members even if the case is straightforward. It's just that motivation factor and positivity that comes along with sharing experiences. This first post above is a perfect example of one as how members start to panic if they don't hear any success stories. It does not take long to post the success stories and you never know it might benefit someone. Poor show!

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:28 pm

Some Ghost/Silent readers will not post their experiences. On the other hand, Some members get all the advise possible from this forum ,till they get their ILR . After that don't bother to post a thread about their experiences. That's the world we live in!!

olarey

Sheffield PEO

Post by olarey » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:22 pm

hello,

i noticed some of you are wondering about sheffield PEO because people are not post success story. i believe sheffield peo is as good as any peo. i got ILR in sheffield on the 01/02/2013 and i can tell you guys that no more than 4 other people got their ILR during the time i was there.

my experience is very straighforward. 2yrs HSMP and 3yrs Tier 1. 100 days in total outside of UK.

if anyone required any question about sheffield peo, kindly mail me

Vidhya Bharathidasan
Newly Registered

Post by Vidhya Bharathidasan » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks all for your reply...it was more convincing...yes i do have plans to list all the documentation I will be submitting in this board for suggestions from people with experience in these matters...

akash08

Post by akash08 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Some Ghost/Silent readers will not post their experiences. On the other hand, Some members get all the advise possible from this forum ,till they get their ILR . After that don't bother to post a thread about their experiences. That's the world we live in!!
For me I got my ILR at Solihull this December. I debated about an issue that was raised about leave taken abroad when there is no evidence of Salary payment in UK. I came back and shared with people that this issue is unnecessarily blown up by others as I suspected as my case was alright as I always thought would be.

So yes, points of doubt - you share - it is fine. However, where you took your meal during the break or whether case worker smiled at you is irrelevant in my opinion!!

So, it is not the question of whether you are willing to help, it is about what you think is going to help!! I have personally replied 30 pm(s) to different people who asked me genuine questions and needed information!! However, I am not going to write about whether case worker gave me a pleasant smile or not.. it does not effect the outcome!!