ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! (Rejection- 0 points for Experience)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pvtryan
Newly Registered

Help!!! (Rejection- 0 points for Experience)

Post by pvtryan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:10 pm

Hi Group,
First of all let me thank to all the contributors of information and moderators of the group for such an excellent knowledgebase.

My information is :
Applied on 31st March-04 (0159xx)
Decision Made 13th August-04
Received in India by registered Airmail on 20th August-04

Points awarded 30 (25 for master and 5 for below 28 application)
Got 0 for my 4-year work experience, Reason stated

We were not satisfied that the evidence that was submitted with the application demonstrate that your work experience has involved a minimum of 4 years graduate level work experience. We would normally expect to see full, original references that confirm position held, start and finish dates (if applicable) and a full description of the duties and responsibilities of the position held. Under HSMP guidelines, letter of offer of employment and resignation letters are not acceptable as evidence of work experience. As a result, we have been unable to consider awarding points in this category.

I had provided Offer, appointment, appraisals & reliving letters, salary slips, form 16, IT returns. Except the IT returns and Form 16 all mentioned my designation. This proof I assumed were self-supportive of my experience.
As far as experience letter is concerned tried to get with no success. For there are many merger and acquisitions, change in names, completely new management and there new policies which makes it more difficult to get the new people do some old paper work.

What options do I have?
Can I make an appeal requesting for a review?
If yes, what’s the time limit for that?
Do I have to send all my papers back like investment and English proficiency?
Do I have to pay or fill a form for the appeal?
Or do I have to reapply?

Awaiting you replies.

Regards,
Pvtryan

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:31 pm

Sad to know.
I try to remember and i think i also submitted same kind of proofs for my employement. Additionaly i had provided the work experience letters as well.
We would normally expect to see full, original references that confirm position held, start and finish dates (if applicable) and a full description of the duties and responsibilities of the position held.
Didn't you submit "original references" ?
I think the Experience letter was missing and this made ur case week.

If you are going to make appeal then i think better get the experience letters also (by any means) and supply also promotion letters/Salry hike letters, if you have any.

If you can provide additional docs then i think you can go ahead with appeal.

ND
Member of Standing

Post by ND » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:20 pm

Very sad , But as Ajay Kumar said try getting the experience letter orelse may be your have to write a letter detailing your circumstances detailing the company merges etc ... did you take reference letters while leaving the company ... it need not be in the same format but atleast something will be better than nothing .

raoms
Member of Standing

hi

Post by raoms » Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:01 am

if I am not wrong, you can not submit any additional documents while reappeal. If you want to submit any, then repply.