ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - maintenance fund question @ PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gob00st

ILR - maintenance fund question @ PEO

Post by Gob00st » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm

It seems maintenance fund is not a formal requirement in the ILR application, but I have seen people been asked this in PEO in this forum when applying their ILR, for example http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=126447.

I just checked that my current account had briefly went down(though saving > 800 all the time) below £800 at Jan 2013, would this cause me a problem if my PEO appointment is at mid of March this year ?

If so should I try to get a proof from my savings account ? There is no bank statement for it, ask a letter from my bank ??

Thanks in advance.
Gob

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:02 pm

there is no maintainance fund requirement for ILR
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:06 pm

Thanks uksettlement, but in the link above I did find OP mentioned below which really troubling me...

Have you heard any ILR case because of this 'extra' check ?

Thanks
Another thing that I was caught by surprise was Maintenance funds. I know that ILR does not require maintenance fund. But she asked me if the same bank account can be used for checking Maintenance fund. I said "Yes" as there was money in the account.
uksettlement wrote:there is no maintainance fund requirement for ILR

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:16 pm

as i said it is not in the requirements the CW can ask the world its up to us an knowledgeable applicants to let them know that certain things do not apply to us. Do that rather than worrying about non issues.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

Gob00st wrote:Have you heard any ILR case because of this 'extra' check ?
Another thing that I was caught by surprise was Maintenance funds. I know that ILR does not require maintenance fund. But she asked me if the same bank account can be used for checking Maintenance fund. I said "Yes" as there was money in the account.
There is no minimum balance maintenance requirement for ILR as there is for T1G applications.

However you should bear in mind the following statement on page 44 of the SET(O) form. While most caseworkers do not generally ask for evidence to specifically support this, they may do so - The purpose of the question is to determine whether you can support yourself and your dependants without recourse to public funds. Additionally if you are applying for ILR as a T1G Migrant, then this requirement would most probably be satisfied by the statements you provide as evidence for your previous earnings.

Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3 months.

Gob00st

Post by Gob00st » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Thanks uksettlement and cs95tdg. I guess I should stop worrying about this.
Many thanks
Gob
cs95tdg wrote:
Gob00st wrote:Have you heard any ILR case because of this 'extra' check ?
There is no minimum balance maintenance requirement for ILR as there is for T1G applications.

However you should bear in mind the following statement on page 44 of the SET(O) form. While most caseworkers do not generally ask for evidence to specifically support this, they may do so - The purpose of the question is to determine whether you can support yourself and your dependants without recourse to public funds. Additionally if you are applying for ILR as a T1G Migrant, then this requirement would most probably be satisfied by the statements you provide as evidence for your previous earnings.

Evidence of your finances. If you have to complete section 5, bank statements, building society savings book(s), pay slips or other formal documents as evidence of your ability to maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependants without recourse to public funds. (See Note 5).

Note 5 We do not accept internet or cashpoint statements as evidence of finances. If you claim that a relative or friend is providing you with financial support (see question 5.4), in addition to evidence of your own finances, you must provide bank statements or other documents of the kind described above as evidence of their financial resources. The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3 months.