ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visitor or General visitor for mother of Tier 2 gen

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Family visitor or General visitor for mother of Tier 2 gen

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Hi,

I want to invite my mother in Uk, i am on Tier 2 general now. My mother should apply for 'General visit' visa or 'Family visit' visa? The confusion is in the following link,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf

it is mentioned that for family visa, 'The family members you are visiting must be permanently settled or have asylum/humanitarian protection status in the UK.' I am on work visa (not permanent resident), which visa my mother should apply?
Thanks
Faisal

SeetharamaR
Newly Registered

Post by SeetharamaR » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Hi Fiasal,
It should be "General Visitor", I had this confusion earlier but got it clarified through the sources.
regards,
Seetharama

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:18 pm

reconfirming, yes it should be General Visitor. My parents received their 6 months general visit visa recently.

thedreamer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thedreamer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Because one of my friend had invited his in laws last year under Family visitor category. He was on Tier 2 ICT.

Are we really sure about this ? I am still confused. Plz help

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 pm

vinny wrote:
thedreamer wrote:Because one of my friend had invited his in laws last year under Family visitor.
The law had changed afterwards.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thedreamer
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by thedreamer » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 pm

OK. its seems VAF1a form changed in dec 12.

But it is quite confusing. Not sure why are they creating different categories.

@vinay. So I can go ahead book an appointment for my parent under General category

thanks

vinny wrote:
vinny wrote:
thedreamer wrote:Because one of my friend had invited his in laws last year under Family visitor.
The law had changed afterwards.

mohdrafi.sk
Newly Registered

Re: Family visitor or General visitor for mother of Tier 2 g

Post by mohdrafi.sk » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:52 pm

Hello,

I am sponsoring my parents to visit UK and attend my wife's graduation ceremony. I am currently on Tier-2 General and my wife is on Tier2 dependent visa.

Could anyone please advise which visa we have to apply for either General Visit or Family Visit visa?

How many months of bank statements we have to provide as a sponsor and what is balance we have to show?
Is showing the closing balance of £5000 would be enough for 2 applicants(parents)?

We are also providing our both employment payslips and employment with a gross earning of £3000 per month and my parents assets such as land documents, employment payslips & tax returns.
Is this sufficient?

Do we also have to provide our accommodation letter such as (Tenancy agreement etc) as we don't have any such letters for shared accommodation?

Thanks in advance.

waseembashir
Newly Registered

Post by waseembashir » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 am

Hi all,

I am also confused about this. Since I am not a permanent resident it seems I can't invite my mum to come over as family visitor?

Please correct me if I am wrong

thanks,
W

rog1234
Newly Registered

Post by rog1234 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi guys,
Am in a similar situation right now. Am on tier 2 long term ICt visa and want to invite my mother in law to the UK since my wife is expecting a baby next month. Has any one had any success doing this sort of application? Do i apply as a general visitor or a family visitor?. My mother in law is 51 years and does not work or have any property. Am struggling to find anything convincing to support that the fact that she will go back home after 6 months. I have remittance slips to show i send her money every month. Can someone share any other means to make the application look convincing.
I need help urgently.

mohdrafi.sk
Newly Registered

Post by mohdrafi.sk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:12 pm

Hello,

Did your mother-in-law got visa?
Could you please advise as I am currently in same situation where my wife is expecting a baby and we wanted to invite my parents to come here on visit visa.

I currently have only one issue which is we are no in a ground floor flat (with 1-bed room flat and living room), our agent has given permission to give accommodation to my parents to stay in a living room (which looks like bed room plus a cot). Our tenancy agreement does not say anything as it is one or two bed room flat rather just written as ground floor flat.

Would this be OK or should we need to show them a two-bedroom flat in clearly stated?

Thank you