ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

living in Ireland since 2005 with child without passport pls

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mimimo
Newly Registered

living in Ireland since 2005 with child without passport pls

Post by mimimo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:55 pm

i have been in ireland since 2005 with my son who was born in Ireland now 7 years old
what do i do

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:30 pm

are you an asylum seeker and still waiting for your application to be processed? if not, what is your current situation, what kind of permission do you have.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:39 pm

If you are an undocumented migrant you may find it difficult to get a passport for your son.

Have you tried to get a passport from your home country for your son?

If you simply want to return to your home country with your son, and have no desire to return to Ireland, it is just a matter of going to a Community Welfare Officer and they will buy you both a ticket to your home country.

Do you have an Irish birth cert for the child? If so, what is the year of birth? I think from what you say that merely being born in Ireland does not grant him Irish citizenship, so an Irish passport may be difficult to get.

Was either parent an Irish citizen at the time of his birth? Was either parent legally resident in Ireland for three years before he was born? If so, can you provide proof of this - evidence of work or work permit for the relevant years?
BL