ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Approval documentation?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KayNa

Tier 1 - Approval documentation?

Post by KayNa » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:39 pm

I received my Tier 1 (general) visa in 2010 and am now applying for ILR.
As part of ILR application I can claim same points for qualifications as I did for my Tier 1 application.

Guidelines say I don't need to send evidence again, however I can't find any letter or correspondence from UKBA after I applied for Tier 1 to show they verified my qualifications.

Can anyone tell me if I should have received a letter verifying the points that I was claiming, or if all you receive after Tier 1 is approved is the visa stuck in your passport?

Does anyone know if they keep a record of your qualifications on file, or if I need to send proof of my qualifications again?

Thanks for your time.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 pm

When your T1G visa was approved, you would have received a approval letter, which had a breakdown of the points claimed & awarded to you under each section in the PBS. The UKBA will have copies of all evidence you provided including your qualification certificate.

You do not need to send proof of your qualification when applying for ILR, unless you are planning to use a different qualification than you did when you applied for your T1G visa.

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks for your help.