ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 yrs/ sec 3c pls help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summerlady

ILR 10 yrs/ sec 3c pls help

Post by summerlady » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi all, pls can anyone help with this.

When I was in university, I applied for extension of my student visa on time through my university's international office.
Unfortunately we waited for about three months and there was no reply.
I asked the student office to contact ukba, which they did and was told that the passport has been sent out to the university, but without visa because they needed my sponsors bank details.
This went on for almost a year but all through ukba were very cooperative with the university and apologized for the loss of my passport, since it was there fault.

But they said I need to go court before the can restate my visa. Anyway we went to court, I represented myself though the university prepared every document. I got the decision within two days and before then home office had found my passport and forwarded it to the school. I forwarded it to home office and within 1 week, my student visa was stamped and subsequently I have gotten other visas on time.

My question is will this break of almost 1 year affect my 10 yrs stay. Will sec 3c apply.

Thanks all

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:31 pm

What else were you given when UKBA returned your passport to uni due to missing bank stmt? Did you get further instruction or a refusal letter?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:48 pm

When did this happen?

If you had successfully appealed, then it seems that Section 3C was triggered (if it had existed at that time).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:50 pm

No I did not get a refusal letter. I was written a letter requesting for more documents about sponsorship details. But I never got this letter together with my passport as it went missing.

Ukba merely returned my passport after they found it. They had already instructed us to go to court because I was already out of time for the application and to get my visa reinstated. Which the judge granted.

The bank statement was not missing.

vinny

Re: ILR 10 yrs/ sec 3c pls help

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:56 pm

summerlady wrote:ukba were very cooperative with the university and apologized for the loss of my passport, since it was there fault.
Was the apology in writing? If yes, then do you still have a copy?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 pm

No the apology was not in writing, but the apologized to the university.
Pls do you think this stopped the 10yr clock for me.
Do I need to get a SAR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:12 pm

If the UKBA admitted fault, then it shouldn't affect your 10 year clock. It may be informative to see what SAR contains.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Pls vinny, what do you mean by if I had successfully appealed then sec 3c would have been triggered.( if it existed)
I will appreciate if you can explain further. Thanks for the input.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

Read my given link on Section 3C for more info.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:16 am

summerlady wrote:No I did not get a refusal letter. I was written a letter requesting for more documents about sponsorship details. But I never got this letter together with my passport as it went missing.

Ukba merely returned my passport after they found it. They had already instructed us to go to court because I was already out of time for the application and to get my visa reinstated. Which the judge granted.

The bank statement was not missing.
i think you are confused. Ukba don't instruct people to go to court to get their visa reinstated. In order to go to court they must have issued you with an immigration decision which you appealed. I would suggest you speak to your university, hopefully they have a record of everything.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 am

Thanks for your response.
Assuming there was an immigration decision ( though I don't have this letter), which was appealed against, does sec 3c apply the period they lost my passport.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am

Under Section 3C/3D,
leave is extended until the appeal is finally determined, withdrawn or abandoned.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Thanks vinny, i guess i am covered then.