ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just to let you know...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vayu

Just to let you know...

Post by Vayu » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:18 pm

Entered the UK last Sunday on the HSMP with my wife (Aust & NZ)accompanying me. Obtained EC easily in Canberra.

Got questioned quite extensively by the immigration officer about the scheme. At first I though he was "testing" me to make sure that I was who I was. Turned out he has a cousin in India who wants to enter the UK and was asking so he could advise his cousin. Very ironic I thought!

Anyway, now looking for work...!

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:20 pm

:) Interesting

afzalasm

Post by afzalasm » Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:04 am

If an Immigration Officer in UK does not know about it, how could we guess the employers and consultants do know about HSMP.

I m thinkin to go there and post an adv. that I as an HSMP holder, am eligible to live n work in UK without any work permit transfer etc. Such that I can show this as a proof while giving interviews. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards,
Afzal

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:10 pm

I've been visiting many recruitment agencies and employers recently. Everyone knows about HSMP now, so no worries from the employer side of things.

The immigration officer I came across knew all about a HSMP EC , but wanted to know about how to qualify for it, specifically whether is was worth paying lots of money for a consultant to get a permit for you etc etc.

I told him that in my opinion that if you truely qualify for the visa you should have enough intelligence and resourcefullness to work things out for yourselves by reading the official HO documentation and consulting forums like this one!