ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish join spouse visa (relationship history)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samia12
Newly Registered

Irish join spouse visa (relationship history)

Post by samia12 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am

Hello every one, I am a 20 year old woman non eu from pakistan married to an Irish national. I met my husband online in sep 2011, then met him in person in feb 2012 for a week. since we met we have been talking on skype almost everyday. After meeting in feb of last year we just knew we wanted to be together. In december 2012 my husband came to my country and we got married. We went to dubai on our honeymoon for a week. Since we came back we have been working on my "join spouse visa". I have almost everything ready to send my application for the visa, online application form, my husband's 6 months pay slips, his P60, his home address, passport copy n stamps copy of his passport, letter from work, his invitation letter to me, marriage certificates, emails records copies, photos from feb 2012 , wedding and honeymoon, but the last thing thats stopping me from applying is the Relationship History. I am even done with writing the letter explaining our relationship history. But i am really worried becuase i met my husband for a week before we married, even though we are married now n were together in person for 2 weeks like a proper couple. but how can i prove it to them that our relationship is genuine. I swear I am so sick of this long distance relationship thing, n thats why we decided to get married but even now this whole visa thing n the conditions are not letting us live together. I would really appreciate if someone here could provide me with some information. I dont want my visa to get refused n then wait to appeal.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 pm

You have to provide your marriage photos, your relationship history which you and your husband both need to write, your husband's passport stamp proof that he entered your country before your marriage and stayed for a certain duration. In addition, if you have an option to show wedding card that would be good. You will definitely need your marriage certificate. I am sure if you provide all this, you should be fine.

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 am

catch_hunter wrote:You have to provide your marriage photos, your relationship history which you and your husband both need to write, your husband's passport stamp proof that he entered your country before your marriage and stayed for a certain duration. In addition, if you have an option to show wedding card that would be good. You will definitely need your marriage certificate. I am sure if you provide all this, you should be fine.
Thanks, and that's what i have mentioned in my post, I have all these documents ready to send but i am confused and think my visa could be refused since, I met my husband only for a week in person before we married. n then when he came over including the honeymoon we were together for 2 weeks. Do we have to spend sometime together in person to prove our marriage is legit? Or should I go ahead and apply for my visa.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 pm

samia12 wrote:Thanks, and that's what i have mentioned in my post, I have all these documents ready to send but i am confused and think my visa could be refused since, I met my husband only for a week in person before we married. n then when he came over including the honeymoon we were together for 2 weeks. Do we have to spend sometime together in person to prove our marriage is legit? Or should I go ahead and apply for my visa.
You're more than right to think that way. It is true that your application may be refused because of the fear it could be a sham marriage / marriage of convenient. Lots of people have abused the system in that manner.

It will be 50/50 in your case if you apply for visa yourself. A good advice I will give you is to get your Irish spouse and go to the embassy with him for application.
That will improve your chance greatly as they will have more trust on him than you. They may also interview him and he has to prove to the embassy by trying to convince them that he really cares and loves your dearly. On that basis the chances will increase to 90/10 (90%). That's my advice
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:44 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
samia12 wrote:Thanks, and that's what i have mentioned in my post, I have all these documents ready to send but i am confused and think my visa could be refused since, I met my husband only for a week in person before we married. n then when he came over including the honeymoon we were together for 2 weeks. Do we have to spend sometime together in person to prove our marriage is legit? Or should I go ahead and apply for my visa.
You're more than right to think that way. It is true that your application may be refused because of the fear it could be a sham marriage / marriage of convenient. Lots of people have abused the system in that manner.

It will be 50/50 in your case if you apply for visa yourself. A good advice I will give you is to get your Irish spouse and go to the embassy with him for application.
That will improve your chance greatly as they will have more trust on him than you. They may also interview him and he has to prove to the embassy by trying to convince them that he really cares and loves your dearly. On that basis the chances will increase to 90/10 (90%). That's my advice
Thank you so much for your help. But I don't live with my husband, he lives in Ireland and I am in Pakistan at the moment. I have to send my application to the Irish embassy here in Pakistan n from there it will be sent to Ireland and its them who would approve it, embassy here would only forward it them. So how can my husband prove our relationship to them? I guess i'd just take the risk and apply

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 pm

samia12 wrote:Thank you so much for your help. But I don't live with my husband, he lives in Ireland and I am in Pakistan at the moment. I have to send my application to the Irish embassy here in Pakistan n from there it will be sent to Ireland and its them who would approve it, embassy here would only forward it them. So how can my husband prove our relationship to them? I guess i'd just take the risk and apply
I know what you mean but, I believe most of the decisions are made before sending your documents here to Ireland. That why your husband being there when you apply is crucial.

I know the Irish embassy in Pakistan dont make the final decision but they will issue some sort of recommendation to Ireland with intention to grant or not to grant, so I think.

If Irish embassy in Pakistan are positive that your visa will be granted, then Ireland will grant it without further delay. I still think you need to get your husband to Pakistan so to have your chances of application improve significantly. You can also show him my comments :)

If not he should atleast ring the embassy of Ireland in Pakistan.

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Just as well integratedimmigrant wanted to pass comment for the sake of it, seriously you are just a troll and you have no knowledge/ experience of most things you talk about.

OP you are well documented, your husband coming to Pakistan will absolutely change nothing with regards your application, as the catch_hunter had said, make sure you have a copy of your husband's stamp into Pakistan and the activities that took place at the time.

Just provide any such thing as proof dating back since you met him, email exchanges and stuff like that, even if you were refused you shall win on appeal

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 pm

frei wrote:Just as well integratedimmigrant wanted to pass comment for the sake of it, seriously you are just a troll and you have no knowledge/ experience of most things you talk about.

OP you are well documented, your husband coming to Pakistan will absolutely change nothing with regards your application, as the catch_hunter had said, make sure you have a copy of your husband's stamp into Pakistan and the activities that took place at the time.

Just provide any such thing as proof dating back since you met him, email exchanges and stuff like that, even if you were refused you shall win on appeal
Got you reported on that one. Your silly comments and childish behavior is strictly not acceptable on this Forum as far as im concern.

All you do is go around and insult the posters. I need to remind you once more that im here to help people and not start a fight with very other useless users, that is if you still have access to your account after a short while

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:13 pm

Nobody have a problem with you when you give accurate advice, you are not the only that help people on this forum, users have been before you and will be after you.

The problem is you give incorrect advice most of the time, you comment for the sake of it. If one do not have knowledge about a particular topic one should refrain from passing comments.

It's that simple, it isn't a rocket science I hope you understand and desist from parading thread after thread spouting nonsense.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:31 pm

frei wrote:Nobody have a problem with you when you give accurate advice, you are not the only that help people on this forum, users have been before you and will be after you.

The problem is you give incorrect advice most of the time, you comment for the sake of it. If one do not have knowledge about a particular topic one should refrain from passing comments.

It's that simple, it isn't a rocket science I hope you understand and desist from parading thread after thread spouting nonsense.
You said that I have no knowledge/ experience of most things you talk about? How could you say such a nonsensical, stupid and ignorant thing if you don't even know me or my background?

I dont know if you even know how such a troll and ignorant you are. What I told Samia12 was based on experience and I dont need to tell you that personally!.

I have to warn you to refrain from attacking me!. Again attack the post not the posters!. You can have a look at my posts and see how many thanks that I've got from users that I helped, unlike you. People like you are parading Forums after Forums looking to argue idiotic things with posters. In boards.ie, not only that you will be forever banned, they will also ban your IP address for making such nonsensical and silly comments. I know you are familiar with what I speak because I wont doubt for a second that hasn't happen to you. Be warned!

frei
BANNED

Post by frei » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:08 pm

This is just little from your numerous incorrect posts and I could go on and on.

Whenever you post is attacked you never came to defend your post. You are a troll and your presence on this forum jeopardise the efforts of good posters.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125491
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125894

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=125937

You should refrain from posting on issues you have no knowledge about. It is that simple integratedimmigrant, thats what I have problem with and not with yourself
Last edited by frei on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:25 pm

Sending a link where you are uselessly attacking the poster. Well done mark. I have about 180 posts on this Forum with more than 100 answers, and was expecting you to highlight atleast 100 of them. Please go and and highlight other so called incorrect posts please?

You will be the biggest loser if you dont! because we both know that 99.99999999 percent of my posts happen to be correct with many thanks from users, yet you chose to attack me. Please go on and highlight some more!.

You highlighted some 3 stupid and idiotic posts that you are the attacker just like you always do. Show me about 100 more inaccurate posts mark.

Keep attacking the posters!. Thats what you do best! You've just met a poster that feeds on Ignorance of another users like you. Attack some more "Mark"

You're really my mark! Let it out some more! Let out your ignorance, idiotic, nonsensical and silly comments. Let it out!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:54 pm

samia12 wrote:Thank you so much for your help. But I don't live with my husband, he lives in Ireland and I am in Pakistan at the moment. I have to send my application to the Irish embassy here in Pakistan n from there it will be sent to Ireland and its them who would approve it, embassy here would only forward it them. So how can my husband prove our relationship to them? I guess i'd just take the risk and apply
Like I was saying before I got interrupted by a user whose specialty is to attack posters. You have greater change of your visa being successful if your Irish husband can show interest to the Irish embassy in Pakistan how much he really wants you to be in Ireland. True story :)

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 pm

frei wrote:Just as well integratedimmigrant wanted to pass comment for the sake of it, seriously you are just a troll and you have no knowledge/ experience of most things you talk about.

Posters are reminded not to trade insults. If one feels a post is incorrect, by all means refute it with appropriate references where necessary.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

Posters are reminded not to trade insults. If one feels a post is incorrect, by all means refute it with appropriate references where necessary.
Well said. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for that

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Most of the marriages in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh are arranged where boy and girl meet only a few times before their marriage. In your case also you both met for a few weeks before your marriage and you both got married in a public ceremony (I hope), so this is normal in your part of the world, and the visa officials already know about this. You are not the first one who is applying for the visa - I know hundreds of people like you where the guy was working in Ireland or the UK or Europe, or USA, and went to see the girl for a week, after that they got married and the guy came over here. I even know a guy who just talked through Skype and yahoo messenger and they are happily married now and staying in Ireland. Their wife applied for the visa in their country and provided all the evidence as I mentioned above and the visa was sanctioned in a week's time. If your case is genuine you should not be scared of anything I believe - go ahead and apply for the visa. Your husband would need to show his residency proof in Ireland (along with his employer's letter and salary slips or business or anything else to show he will support you while you are dependent on him). If the embassy officials need anything else they will surely contact you.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:14 pm

"Marriage to an Irish national does not confer an automatic right of residence in the State." INIS

I have heard so many cases where they refused entry to a Spouse of an Irish National for some reasons

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 pm

catch_hunter wrote:Most of the marriages in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh are arranged where boy and girl meet only a few times before their marriage. In your case also you both met for a few weeks before your marriage and you both got married in a public ceremony (I hope), so this is normal in your part of the world, and the visa officials already know about this. You are not the first one who is applying for the visa - I know hundreds of people like you where the guy was working in Ireland or the UK or Europe, or USA, and went to see the girl for a week, after that they got married and the guy came over here. I even know a guy who just talked through Skype and yahoo messenger and they are happily married now and staying in Ireland. Their wife applied for the visa in their country and provided all the evidence as I mentioned above and the visa was sanctioned in a week's time. If your case is genuine you should not be scared of anything I believe - go ahead and apply for the visa. Your husband would need to show his residency proof in Ireland (along with his employer's letter and salary slips or business or anything else to show he will support you while you are dependent on him). If the embassy officials need anything else they will surely contact you.
I didnt have an arranged marriage. my husband is western not a pakistani living in Ireland. i have known him for an year n half. I met him in dubai in person for a week, n by the end of year we decided to get married. So i guess we would have more chance of getting the visa if they are issuing it to people who didnt have relationship history before marriag.

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:17 pm

Samia, I think the best way to improve you chances is for you 2 to meet face to face as much as possible before applying for the visa, and have every period toghether well documented.

I think if you guys can meet once more before making the application and submit the plane tickets/passport stamps/... it will improve your chances.

So if you can easily spend another holiday toghether that would help.

If this is not possible, there is not much you can do to improve them and you will have to try with what you currently have. You can't be 100% sure unfortunatly, but you have chances.

samia12
Newly Registered

Post by samia12 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:23 pm

jeupsy wrote:Samia, I think the best way to improve you chances is for you 2 to meet face to face as much as possible before applying for the visa, and have every period toghether well documented.

I think if you guys can meet once more before making the application and submit the plane tickets/passport stamps/... it will improve your chances.

So if you can easily spend another holiday toghether that would help.

If this is not possible, there is not much you can do to improve them and you will have to try with what you currently have. You can't be 100% sure unfortunatly, but you have chances.
Thanks, I was thinking that as well. I am done with printing everything out to send but still have this fear of my visa being refused. Because no matter how strong is our relationship, to them its not convincing since we only met for a week in person before marriage n then were together for 2 weeks after we got married. I thought if we spent 2 months together now, i would have more chance of getting visa. But if my husband took off 2 months from work, what would we do about the "pay slips"? They need recent pay slips for 6 months. this is the most confusing thing ever. if we could meet each other again i would go for it, but then would lose other things. or I would have to wait for 6 months again untill we have the required amount of pay slips. Seems like i have no choice.

st pauli

Post by st pauli » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:36 pm

Can't your husband just take 2 paid weeks off work, therefore not interfering with that month's payslip? Or even a week, every little helps (take 5000 photos ;))

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:50 pm

samia12 wrote: if we could meet each other again i would go for it, but then would lose other things. or I would have to wait for 6 months again untill we have the required amount of pay slips. Seems like i have no choice.
Yes I understand the frustration of having to poof you spend time toghether but not have the visa to meet :-s

I think you are right and he shouldn't leave his job. If he comes it should be on a 2 weeks holiday or something like that.