ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 RC - appeal bundle preparation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scooterjinx
Newly Registered

EEA2 RC - appeal bundle preparation

Post by scooterjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:12 am

Dear all,

Our initial residence card application was refused, and after consulting you guys on the board and a legal advisor for one hour we decided to submit an appeal. That was in January and a few days ago we learnt that the appeal has been granted, with an oral hearing in April!

Now we are trying to find good advice on how to prepare the bundle. We want to get this right of course. Our plan was to prepare it ourselves, then perhaps take some legal advice again to and do another iteration on the bundle.

Any advice where to find good examples etc how the court bundle should look? I apologize if this info is already on the board, but I haven't been able to find it.

fahad346
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 RC - appeal bundle preparation

Post by fahad346 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:59 am

scooterjinx wrote:Dear all,

Our initial residence card application was refused, and after consulting you guys on the board and a legal advisor for one hour we decided to submit an appeal. That was in January and a few days ago we learnt that the appeal has been granted, with an oral hearing in April!

Now we are trying to find good advice on how to prepare the bundle. We want to get this right of course. Our plan was to prepare it ourselves, then perhaps take some legal advice again to and do another iteration on the bundle.

Any advice where to find good examples etc how the court bundle should look? I apologize if this info is already on the board, but I haven't been able to find it.
On which ground they refused your case and under which heading you applied for EEA2 ?

scooterjinx
Newly Registered

Post by scooterjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:15 pm

fahad346 wrote: On which ground they refused your case and under which heading you applied for EEA2 ?
Hi, I made a few posts about our case before describing these details. Basically I am EEA citizen, my partner is not. We are unmarried but have been in a relationship similar to marriage for over 2 years.
the very first message:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=726146
and the second one relating to refused EEA2
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=758246

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:32 pm

scooterjinx wrote:Dear all,

Hi scooterjinx,

I received my RC last week, as the unmarried partner of an EU National. Here's a quick summary of what we provided with the application:

Durable Relationship
Tenancy Agreements: we have lived together in the same flat over 3 years (2 years and 11 months at time of application) - we included all Tenancy Agreements (including the most recent one which hadn't yet been signed by all parties)
Council Tax Bills - in both names: since 2009 onwards
TV/Broadband/Telephone (in EU national's name only): first bill to our address (2009) and then the most recent two
TV Licence (in EU national's name only): first one (early 2010) then 2011 & 2012
Water Bill (in my name only): first email from the Water Company, confirming new account (2009), along with a couple of other annual bills (sorry, can't remember which years)
Gas/Electricity Bills (in my name only): first email from utilites company, confirming the new account, along with most recent two bills

Treaty Rights
2 most recent payslips

Additional Evidence - I also included our flight itineraries from when we'd visited our families together in our own home countries

I hope that is of some help to you!
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

scooterjinx
Newly Registered

Post by scooterjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:41 pm

flipper77 wrote:

Additional Evidence - I also included our flight itineraries from when we'd visited our families together in our own home countries

Thanks flipper77! We supplied similar evidence actually.

What I was looking for in particular was some directions how a bundle usually looks. I have never been to a court you see and I think we need to put all evidence together in a neat way. I've only got general guidelines but examples are always so much more useful.

flipper77

Post by flipper77 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:17 pm

scooterjinx wrote:
flipper77 wrote:

Thanks flipper77! We supplied similar evidence actually.

What I was looking for in particular was some directions how a bundle usually looks. I have never been to a court you see and I think we need to put all evidence together in a neat way. I've only got general guidelines but examples are always so much more useful.
Well, I think the most important point would be to address the reasons you were refused. If this is due to them thinking your Tenancy Agreement was not legitimate, then maybe get your landlord to write a letter. I just remember...I also included our 'receipte' from the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS)' - do you have something similar? I'm wondering if the DPS could provide some kind of statement to say they are still holding the deposit for that property in your names?

I'm assuming the "bundle" looks different for every single case - depending on what grounds the appeal is being made/the application was refused.
EEA2 Application sent: 09/10/2012
Received by UKBA: 10/10/2012
COA received: 19/10/2012 (dated 17/10/2012)
Passports requested: 14/11/12, 28/11/12 & 12/12/12 (email) and 11/12/12 (mail)
Passports received: 17/12/2012
RC received: 14/02/2013

scooterjinx
Newly Registered

Post by scooterjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:38 pm

flipper77 wrote: I'm assuming the "bundle" looks different for every single case - depending on what grounds the appeal is being made/the application was refused.
Yes probably, but what I am after is the formal "look" and how evidence is sorted, presented etc in the bundle. I assume this is rather similar for all well-made bundles.