ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

David cameron's statemnet

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

David cameron's statemnet

Post by vish.sara9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Does Mr David cameron's statment made recently to allow people to work as long as they want if they get a graduate job after their degree make any difference in the current visa rules.

Does the Soc codes still apply or anything over 20,000 per annum will lead to Tier 2?

Has he re-phrased and said what already exists or is this going to help us guys?

Please discuss your views

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:43 pm

There is no official information yet so current rules still apply

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: David cameron's statemnet

Post by Greenie » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:08 pm

vish.sara9 wrote: Does Mr David cameron's statment made recently to allow people to work as long as they want if they get a graduate job after their degree make any difference in the current visa rules.

Does the Soc codes still apply or anything over 20,000 per annum will lead to Tier 2?

Has he re-phrased and said what already exists or is this going to help us guys?

Please discuss your views
He was not announcing a change in the rules. He was only stating the requirements as they currently stand, that there is no limit on the number of tier 4 students who can switch into tier 2 (as long as they meet the requirements).

vish.sara9
Newly Registered

Post by vish.sara9 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 am

lol :wink: I was just being optimistic.. .. ..I knew this would be it
I was hoping his statement to mean that any graduate job with a pay more than 20,000/ annum without the SoC codes applicable is enough for skilled and qualified workers to work as long as we can, that is what I want really for the situation am in