ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturilzation Absence for my wife - Absence is 485 days

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goldyrahul
Newly Registered

Naturilzation Absence for my wife - Absence is 485 days

Post by goldyrahul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi, I need advise as I am applying for my naturlization next week. My wife leave in last 5 years is working out to be 482 days to be more precise and my leave is working out to be 180 days in last 5 years. She was away for one during our daughters birth and secondly while she has to postpone her trip because she was unwell.

Also after ILR her no of days is working out to be 70 days (-2) so 68 days

We got ILR in Jan 2012.

Dates for my spouse as below :

21-Jan-09 15-Mar-09 = 54 --> 52
01-May-09 20-May-09 = 20 --> 18
26-Jun-09 29-Jun-09 = 4 --> 2
26-Feb-10 20-May-10 = 84 --> 82
28-Aug-10 31-Aug-10 = 4 --> 2
25-Jan-11 15-Oct-11 = 260 --> 258
15-Nov-12 25-Jan-13 = 70 --> 68

--- Total = 296 --> 282 days after deducting entry and exit dates

Would really appreciate if someone guide me and chances for my spouse getting VISA. I am applying for myself, spouse and our daugther all together.

Many Thanks to all in advance for your support .

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:33 pm

You got the total row wrong.

Application will be at discretion but I believe she will be fine. If you own property in the UK, I would mention that in the application (to show that she has established her home in the UK).

goldyrahul
Newly Registered

Dear Jumbo,

Post by goldyrahul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:51 pm

Can you please advise what did i do wrong ? You mentioned "Total Row" wrong just surprised as to what i did wrong.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Regards
Goldy

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:03 pm

--- Total = 296 --> 282 days after deducting entry and exit dates
instead of 496 --> 482

goldyrahul
Newly Registered

Dear Jambo

Post by goldyrahul » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm

Thanks you are right. DO you see as any issues.? Should I go ahead and apply for all 3 of us. Also forgot to mentioned one thing I do not own the house but have all agreements, council tax and bank statement with my wife name in it. Do you think that will suffice as evidence that She was with me in UK. Does it act as strong evidence for last 5 years. Many Thanks Jambo

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:19 pm

Absences upto 480 days are normally disregard. So that's why I think she will be fine. In general, when application is at discretion, the HO would like to see that applicants have established their home, family and a substantial part of their estate here so owning your property helps (but it is not mandatory). The fact that you apply together helps.
There is no need for your wife to provide evidence of her presence other than her passport. No need for tenancy agreements or utility bills.

She can add on page 13 (additional information) a general settlement about having established the UK as her home for her and her family.

harika_85
Newly Registered

Re: Naturilzation Absence for my wife - Absence is 485 days

Post by harika_85 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:46 pm

My situation is exactly similar to this, wherein I was out of the country for 486 days during the last 5 years, and the biggest absence is 380 days when I was in India for my delivery.

We however went ahead and applied for our naturalisation (along with my husband and my daughter) on Jan 29 last month. We're still waiting for the decision (hopefully that of an approval).

Although we don't own a house, I was on an extended maternity leave, and I joined back work after coming here to the UK. I mentioned this in my covering letter and also provided a council letter which states that I was paying my council tax from 2007 to till date.

I will update the forum once we get our approval.

varunadas
Newly Registered

Post by varunadas » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 am

harika_85 wrote:My situation is exactly similar to this, wherein I was out of the country for 486 days during the last 5 years, and the biggest absence is 380 days when I was in India for my delivery.

We however went ahead and applied for our naturalisation (along with my husband and my daughter) on Jan 29 last month. We're still waiting for the decision (hopefully that of an approval).

Although we don't own a house, I was on an extended maternity leave, and I joined back work after coming here to the UK. I mentioned this in my covering letter and also provided a council letter which states that I was paying my council tax from 2007 to till date.

My wife is in a similar situation where she has got nearly 720 absences and I had to delay our naturalisation application to be in 7 year residency period where upto 730 absences are disregarded.

harika_85
Newly Registered

Post by harika_85 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:16 pm

harika_85 wrote:My situation is exactly similar to this, wherein I was out of the country for 486 days during the last 5 years, and the biggest absence is 380 days when I was in India for my delivery.

We got our approval last week.

As I mentioned earlier, I was on a maternity leave during my longest absence (380 days) and so I produced my Employer letter (specifying the maternity leave dates), payslips during maternity leave, TV licensing which was in my name, Council Letter which gave the dates I paid my council tax without any interruption from 2007 to till date. NCS lady initially said that so much of documentation wasn't required, but when we insisted, she sent them all along with our applications.

I guess the above proofs that I maintained cnxn with the UK helped my application. Also applying as a family might've helped us.
[/b]

kalhonaho
Newly Registered

Post by kalhonaho » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:50 pm

harika_85 wrote:

We got our approval last week.

As I mentioned earlier, I was on a maternity leave during my longest absence (380 days) and so I produced my Employer letter (specifying the maternity leave dates), payslips during maternity leave, TV licensing which was in my name, Council Letter which gave the dates I paid my council tax without any interruption from 2007 to till date. NCS lady initially said that so much of documentation wasn't required, but when we insisted, she sent them all along with our applications.

I guess the above proofs that I maintained cnxn with the UK helped my application. Also applying as a family might've helped us.
Congratulations!
We are in similar but slightly worse situation than yours - my wife has spent 507 days outside the UK (same reason - pregnancy). I didn't have much to provide except a letter from her gynec in India. We applied on 13th Feb. So, I'm expecting to hear about the outcome in the next few days.

jesswongwong

Post by jesswongwong » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:28 am

I was out uk for 150. Days due wait delivery for baby
But my last 5 yrs residient requirement is ok
My husband who is BC has house ( mortgage)
Just consider can I get discreation easily otherwise waste money
Also afraid application fee increase lots after Apirl

Bhaskarnu

Post by Bhaskarnu » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:30 am

kalhonaho wrote:
Congratulations!
We are in similar but slightly worse situation than yours - my wife has spent 507 days outside the UK (same reason - pregnancy). I didn't have much to provide except a letter from her gynec in India. We applied on 13th Feb. So, I'm expecting to hear about the outcome in the next few days.
Hi Kalhonaho,

Could I request you to update the outcoutcome, as I m in the same situation. My wife has 464 days of absence. she is planning a trip to India, which is part of 464 days. Though we have the option of cutting short the trip, I m thinking of applying by discretion. She was in India for baby delivery and spent 210 days for it.

Please suggest me .....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:38 am

Bhaskarnu wrote:
kalhonaho wrote:
Congratulations!
Hi Kalhonaho,

Could I request you to update the outcoutcome, as I m in the same situation. My wife has 464 days of absence. she is planning a trip to India, which is part of 464 days. Though we have the option of cutting short the trip, I m thinking of applying by discretion. She was in India for baby delivery and spent 210 days for it.

Please suggest me .....
This poster has not been online or logged into the forum since early 2014. Please start your own topic with your own circumstances rather than dig up 3/4 year old threads.

They got approval, see post in link below. However, HO is applying the rules more stringently now.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p802549
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.