ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization through Irish associations

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Naturalization through Irish associations

Post by euspouse07 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi all ,I am writing about a friend who is father of two Irish citizens ( both minors) residing in the state on the stamp 4 given under Zambrano ruling .Prior to this he was on stamp 4 on the basis of relationship with the mother of those kids .He never got married. The query is can he entitled to apply for naturalization after 3 year on the basis of Irish associations as he is father of Irish citizens.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Yes he can because he is entitled
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

euspouse07
Mood:
Ireland

Post by euspouse07 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:51 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:Yes he can because he is entitled
Thanks for your reply . But have you heard about any one who got approval on this basis. I read on the form that application can be made .i wonder anyone on this forum have come across this kind of case.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:29 pm

he can apply for citizenship after 5 years contuinues residence in ireland.there is more information at this website www.inis.gov.ie/citizenship

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:49 pm

euspouse07 wrote:Thanks for your reply . But have you heard about any one who got approval on this basis. I read on the form that application can be made .i wonder anyone on this forum have come across this kind of case.
That is a good question. Well most people dont know about Irish Associations and some people that does know prefer applying based on 5 year residency in Ireland.

5 year residency has better chances of citizenship being approved than Irish Associations. I suppose the Minister dont want to be handing out citizenship to Parents of Irish born that easy in 3 years.

But again every case is treated individually and I urge your friend to apply. Its better to be positive than negative.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.