ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport applied for new born from India -timelines

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shirin13
Newly Registered

British passport applied for new born from India -timelines

Post by shirin13 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi , We applied for british passport for my new born baby girl and its now 16 weeks completed , have not received any communication from them, when calling the paid help line they keep saying the same thing need to wait , and there seems no problem with the application.The worse thing is my 5 yr old son who goes to year 1 is staying with his dad in UK, and taking 4 month timeline for processing a single passport application is stupid.Need to know has anyone received passport for their babies applied in OCT 2012.
Is there any where we can compliant about the long delay which makes the family being scattered. I have to get back to my work and already we have spent so much in postponding the ticket for 4 times. My hubby and my son are returning back to India by FEB 2013 and we all booked again our return flights as by that time it will be more than 16 week timeline.But our bad time even after the 16 week time we have not heard anything from the useless processing center.Please some one help , whether they are in the same state as we :(

Pray
Newly Registered

Post by Pray » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Hi shirin13,

I am so sorry to hear about the delay in getting the British passport. From other forums I havey understood that it's a very long process.
I will be delivering my baby soon in India and will have to apply for a British passport for the baby. Please let me know if you have got the passport by now. thanks. Awaiting your reply.

reshmi
Newly Registered

Re: British passport applied for new born from India -timeli

Post by reshmi » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 am

Hi , We are in the same boat too. I applied for my sons British passport on the 19th of dec...no news yet.
can u please let me know if u have received it.

Pray
Newly Registered

Post by Pray » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 pm

I haven't applied as yet...but I know that you cannot find the status until after 16 weeks of them accepting your application.

ami123
Newly Registered
India

Post by ami123 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:35 pm

reshmi wrote:Hi , We are in the same boat too. I applied for my sons British passport on the 19th of dec...no news yet.
I may have to apply for my baby's British passport in May from India/bangalore

pl let me know once you have received

reshmi
Newly Registered

Post by reshmi » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:54 pm

shirin13 wrote:Hi , We applied for british passport for my new born baby girl and its now 16 weeks completed , have not received any communication from them, when calling the paid help line they keep saying the same thing need to wait , and there seems no problem with the application.The worse thing is my 5 yr old son who goes to year 1 is staying with his dad in UK, and taking 4 month timeline for processing a single passport application is stupid.Need to know has anyone received passport for their babies applied in OCT 2012.
Is there any where we can compliant about the long delay which makes the family being scattered. I have to get back to my work and already we have spent so much in postponding the ticket for 4 times. My hubby and my son are returning back to India by FEB 2013 and we all booked again our return flights as by that time it will be more than 16 week timeline.But our bad time even after the 16 week time we have not heard anything from the useless processing center.Please some one help , whether th
y are in the same state as we :(
Hi Shirin any news of your babies british Passport yet. please let us know

many thanks

raj_itengg
Newly Registered

Post by raj_itengg » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi shirin13 and reshmi,

Have you got the passport. Because this is a long waiting time.

I am on the same boat as you.

Thanks

john1978

Post by john1978 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:52 pm

we are same i am British C. living in germany i did applay for my child from october 2012 until now 12.03.2013 no passport ,mine is long story........

raj_itengg
Newly Registered

Post by raj_itengg » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:26 pm

Does anyone know why they are taking so long. Is there any check they do in the country the baby is born. Or is something that check in UK.

kishore786
Newly Registered

Post by kishore786 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:31 pm

reshmi wrote:
shirin13 wrote:Hi , We applied for british passport for my new born baby girl and its now 16 weeks completed , have not received any communication from them, when calling the paid help line they keep saying the same thing need to wait , and there seems no problem with the application.The worse thing is my 5 yr old son who goes to year 1 is staying with his dad in UK, and taking 4 month timeline for processing a single passport application is stupid.Need to know has anyone received passport for their babies applied in OCT 2012.
Is there any where we can compliant about the long delay which makes the family being scattered. I have to get back to my work and already we have spent so much in postponding the ticket for 4 times. My hubby and my son are returning back to India by FEB 2013 and we all booked again our return flights as by that time it will be more than 16 week timeline.But our bad time even after the 16 week time we have not heard anything from the useless processing center.Please some one help , whether th
y are in the same state as we :(
Hi Shirin any news of your babies british Passport yet. please let us know

many thanks

Hi Reshmi,
Any news about the passport as we applied same time as yours on 28th December ?

Many thanks

sainianju79
Newly Registered

long delay???

Post by sainianju79 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:50 am

Hi Shirin
Have you received pasdpirt for your baby or not? I appkying on 30 nov 2013 still waiting.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:31 pm

Hi is it not possible to apply for child's British passport from inside the UK which takes only few weeks and then send him/her back home ?

sainianju79
Newly Registered

Post by sainianju79 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:42 pm

naCC
You have to apply from the same country where the child is currently leaving.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:53 pm

sainianju79 wrote:naCC
You have to apply from the same country where the child is currently leaving.
If registration (on MN1 form) can be done from inside the UK then why not Passport if the baby was born in the UK ?

john1978

Post by john1978 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:26 pm

hello.

i have same probleam aplied for my child since last year october since that no passport they keep saying your child application under going rotin check i do not now what is rotin check is mean ? 2 times i have had complaint it is not make any things change...

sainianju79
Newly Registered

Post by sainianju79 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:22 am

john1978 wrote:hello.

i have same probleam aplied for my child since last year october since that no passport they keep saying your child application under going rotin check i do not now what is rotin check is mean ? 2 times i have had complaint it is not make any things change...
Your shoukdn't be long now as its already 5 months please let us know when you receive yours child passport.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:00 am

Hi. sainianju79
Ok

reshmi
Newly Registered

Post by reshmi » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

ami123 wrote:
reshmi wrote:Hi , We are in the same boat too. I applied for my sons British passport on the 19th of dec...no news yet.
I may have to apply for my baby's British passport in May from India/bangalore

pl let me know once you have received
hello, I am on my 15th week , the passport office called my Dr were my son was born for confirmation they also called the counter signatury and our muncipality for confirmation, no news after that.
hope it does not take too long as my daughter is with her dad in the uk , coz she was missing school hope i join them soon.

john1978

Post by john1978 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm

You can read story of my first child passport application in here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 0&start=20

john1978

Post by john1978 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Updating....
Today I have had contact uk Ips asking about my child first passport application status and then they said we call you back and they have did and said to me ,you will receive letter in next few days for interview.i have said I am living in Germany I cant come to uk and she said no you go for interview in Germany..

sainianju79
Newly Registered

timeline for first british passport

Post by sainianju79 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:26 pm

Updating
Received my baby passport today.
Applied on 21 nov 2012
Total time 5 months 14 days.