ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobbyash
Newly Registered

Biometrics Permit

Post by bobbyash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi

Me and my wife are really confused about biometrics residents permit and hope some one can give some advice.

My chinese wife and myself got married in UK in Nov 2010.

At this point her visa had expired but we was given permission to wed by home office and had been advised to appy for LLR \ spouse visa.

We did this around Feb 2011,at this time as part of the application she went for her biometrics appointment and had fingerprints done etc.

The visa was refused as she had let her previous visa expire and she was told to leave the country and go back to china and apply from there.

She played by their rules and went back to china and applied (May 2011) to come home to Uk but she was refused again!!

After the worse six months of my life, a solicitor and an appeal, the decision was overturned and she was granted spouse visa :)

When she got back home we was so hapy and glad it was over we didnt think about the biometrics permit, we never received it and to be honest completely forgot about anything to do with ukba.

We are now thinking ahead to this Dec and printed out the ILR form, thank god we missed out on having to wait for five years to do this.

The form asked for the Biometrics card number and obviously we dont have one as we never recieved one.

The only form I can find on the ukba website is to replace a lost or stolen one and ive read on their website that you can only apply for one when applying for a new visa.

So what do we do?

Should we have done something when my wife got back? Should they have sent us one?

Any help please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:35 pm

A biometric residence permit is only issued if for visas issued or extended within the UK. If you have applied for entry clearance from China, the visa will be in your wife's passport and she will not get a BRP.

There is no need to worry about this point on the Set(M) form.

Also please remember that the forms change and you will need to make sure that you have completed the most up to date form when your wife is eligible to apply for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bobbyash
Newly Registered

Post by bobbyash » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi

Thank you, was really confused and because of what we have gone through over the last few years we just want to wake sure everything goes smoothly.

Really dont want to go through a forced separation again.

Thanks

:)