ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:14 pm

Sorry I guys I thought I updated my wife's Biometrics Invite details but didn't

Application sent - 21/1/2013 (FLR(M))
Acknowledge lett - 28/1/2013 dated 23/1/2013
Bio Invite received - 11/2/2013 dated 7/2/2013
Bio done - 12/2/2013

can someone please update the Skydrive

Secondly, 1 question is being a pain in the neck to me since I posted her application.

I didn't have original bank statements and I had to print them out and get it stamped by the bank.

I went into the bank, the staff down there were happy to stamp for me but reluctant to put their initial against the stamp. they said they have many people who get their statements done with them to submit to UKBA and they never initialed them.

In my experience, the home office always asked to have a stamp and a signature of the bank staff.

I quickly checked on my mobile but could only find the UKBA asking a stamp by the bank for online statements.

Do anyone of you know otherwise. Is there any documentation regarding this.

curlyk
Newly Registered

Post by curlyk » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:32 pm

saanju9 wrote: I didn't have original bank statements and I had to print them out and get it stamped by the bank.

I went into the bank, the staff down there were happy to stamp for me but reluctant to put their initial against the stamp. they said they have many people who get their statements done with them to submit to UKBA and they never initialed them.

In my experience, the home office always asked to have a stamp and a signature of the bank staff.

I quickly checked on my mobile but could only find the UKBA asking a stamp by the bank for online statements.

Do anyone of you know otherwise. Is there any documentation regarding this.
I sent copies of my bank statements with just the bank stamp on all of the pages. I didn't have any problems with that.

SJ_2013

Re: Approval

Post by SJ_2013 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:46 pm

AussieBlueJeans wrote:
AussieBlueJeans wrote:Just got an email from my solicitor and my passport and approval letter arrived today.

I'm so happy and relieved!! :D
Can someone update my timeline for me please, because I can't edit it.
Hi
Have you received your BRP card? I got my docs and passport back same day as you but still waiting on BRP?

Thanks

ID29

Post by ID29 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:54 pm

saanju9 wrote:... I didn't have original bank statements and I had to print them out and get it stamped by the bank.
When my partner applied I didn't have a full set of mailed bank statements. After looking at the guidance available at the time we decided to go to the local branch (HSBC) and have them print off a complete set on the bank's official letter head stationery. And they were apparently accepted by UKBA.

The advice below from the UKBA website is for another immigration category but the same should apply.

What the bank statements must show

Bank statements you send must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you are claiming. If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

Faz89
Newly Registered

Post by Faz89 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Hello guys..I am very pleased to see all of you getting their visa back. I am still waiting for mine, applied in early july..done bio, but nothing yet. I feel so distressed and hopeless. I really hope mine is coming soon as I can noticed some july applicants are getting their ones.

sarara
Newly Registered

Working while waiting for Approval/BRP

Post by sarara » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:44 pm

I have applied to change my status from student to FLM(R) based on marriage to a British Citizen. In the meantime, am I allowed to work part time? My understanding is that my legal status remains the same until my application for change is approved or refused. Under my previous (current?) status I am allowed to work 20 hours per week. Please can anyone confirm/refute?

melbgirl
Newly Registered

Tier 5

Post by melbgirl » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Has anyone had a visa granted moving from a Tier 5 lately?

luckyjinx

Re: Working while waiting for Approval/BRP

Post by luckyjinx » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

sarara wrote:I have applied to change my status from student to FLM(R) based on marriage to a British Citizen. In the meantime, am I allowed to work part time? My understanding is that my legal status remains the same until my application for change is approved or refused. Under my previous (current?) status I am allowed to work 20 hours per week. Please can anyone confirm/refute?
Yes, your rights to work continue with the same conditions while you wait. See Note 14 in the Guidance Notes for FLR(M).

skrskr

Post by skrskr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:02 pm

SJ_2013 wrote:
luckyjinx wrote:
Damanisshallo wrote:
skrskr wrote:hi
i applied for flr(m) for my wife when i got my iLR through 10 year long residency....she got her biometrics in January and we did it on 18th January...is there any possibilty that i can request my documents back..i mean my passport and biometrics card..i need to show to my new job...and do i need to request or my wife need to request regarding my documents..please some help if they did request documents before
thanks
skrskr
Read this post. With looks of the ROC Form, I presume it should be the applicant who has to request the docs unless otherwise a representative has been used.
Actually, it is the document owner who must request documents. I (the American applicant) tried to request my husband's (UK) passport back and was told that he must make the request himself.
That's correct. My husband(sponsor) needed his passport back and he sent the form to UKBA and got his passport after few days.
hi sj_2013
Do i need to write any reason for getting my passport back...my wife done her biometrics one month ago...so i want to find it doesnt effect her application in anyway of the outcome

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 pm

Just to complete my wife's story. BRP arrived today, so lots of job applications and celebrations to come.

I hope that everyone else's applications come to a conclusion soon!

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:47 pm

ID29 wrote:When my partner applied I didn't have a full set of mailed bank statements. After looking at the guidance available at the time we decided to go to the local branch (HSBC) and have them print off a complete set on the bank's official letter head stationery. And they were apparently accepted by UKBA.

The advice below from the UKBA website is for another immigration category but the same should apply.

What the bank statements must show

Bank statements you send must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that you are claiming. If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account you should also send a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively, electronic bank statements with the official stamp of the bank that issued the statements will be accepted. The stamp must appear on every page of the statement.

I don't think you'll have any problems.
curlyk wrote:I sent copies of my bank statements with just the bank stamp on all of the pages. I didn't have any problems with that.

thanks guys... much relieved now...

SJ_2013

Post by SJ_2013 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 pm

skrskr wrote: hi sj_2013
Do i need to write any reason for getting my passport back...my wife done her biometrics one month ago...so i want to find it doesnt effect her application in anyway of the outcome
My husband needed it for his official travel purposes and that's what he mentioned in the form and our application was not impacted. But do mention no where it asks if you want to withdraw application.

jeiru004
Newly Registered

Finally

Post by jeiru004 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 pm

My long wait was now over after 7 months and 10 days. I received my documents back with the BRP to follow. Thank you very much for this forum as it made me felt that I was not alone. Hoping for the best for those are still waiting..

Here's my timeline..
App sent: 07-07-12
Hom rec: 07-09-12
Ack letter: 07-19-12
Bio invitation-10-13-12
Bio done:10-13-12
Passport requested: partner's passport 11-28-12
passport received:12-10-12
*missed our flight on 12-28-12
Doc's back:02-20-13
Brp- to follow..

ID29

Re: Finally

Post by ID29 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:50 pm

jeiru004 wrote:My long wait was now over...
You realise you're going to have to work on your date formatting now? :wink:

Seriously, congratulations. And thanks for letting the folks here know the outcome.

:D

jeiru004
Newly Registered

Re: Finally

Post by jeiru004 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:35 am

ID29 wrote:
jeiru004 wrote:My long wait was now over...
You realise you're going to have to work on your date formatting now? :wink:

Seriously, congratulations. And thanks for letting the folks here know the outcome.

:D
Sorry, It's on American format.. Better change the skydrive date format as well lol.. But thanks a lot for your help.. And God bless to all..

kings76

still hopeful

Post by kings76 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi all,please did anybody knows the month of biometric they are doing now I mean for flr m let me know what to think please ,last time I ask they said August biometric

kokomarine
Newly Registered

Post by kokomarine » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:12 pm

[quote="killban1971"]Just to complete my wife's story. BRP arrived today, so lots of job applications and celebrations to come.

I hope that everyone else's applications come to a conclusion soon![/quote]

Wow, congrats!
I've applied mine at the end of Nov, but still haven't received Biometric letter :-( Thought my case (from Tier 1 G) was pretty straightforward...

bernardlim86
Newly Registered

GOT MY VISA

Post by bernardlim86 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi guys,

Got my BRP today

just wanna share the love.

thank you so much

luckyjinx

Re: still hopeful

Post by luckyjinx » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:41 pm

kings76 wrote:Hi all,please did anybody knows the month of biometric they are doing now I mean for flr m let me know what to think please ,last time I ask they said August biometric
I got a letter last week, dated Feb 12, saying they were working on August. There seem to be a lot of Octobers coming back though.

vicqiang
Newly Registered

Post by vicqiang » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi guys

My partner's visa was granted on 18th Feb after 8 months waiting....

FLR(M) posted: 06/07/2012
Acknowledgement dated: 16/07/2012
Biometrics Request: 03/10/2012
Biometrics Submitted: 03/10/2012
Passport/Docs: 20/02/2013
BRP: 21/02/2013
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse/Partner
Visa From: Tier 1 (PSW)

kings76

still hopeful

Post by kings76 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 pm

I have just been told by my MP secretary that my MP has gotten a feedback from the ukba and has sent it to my address with a covering letter ,honestly I don't know what it might be ,as I want to know if anybody have experienced what the letter might likely be,am in tensed mood now,she said the letter might reached me before Saturday

killban1971
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by killban1971 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 pm

luckyjinx wrote:
kings76 wrote:Hi all,please did anybody knows the month of biometric they are doing now I mean for flr m let me know what to think please ,last time I ask they said August biometric
I got a letter last week, dated Feb 12, saying they were working on August. There seem to be a lot of Octobers coming back though.
My wife did her biometrics at the end of January.

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:48 pm

kings76 wrote:I have just been told by my MP secretary that my MP has gotten a feedback from the ukba and has sent it to my address with a covering letter ,honestly I don't know what it might be ,as I want to know if anybody have experienced what the letter might likely be,am in tensed mood now,she said the letter might reached me before Saturday
It depends on which question or inquiry that your MP made.. If your MP just asked why things are getting slow in giving your application a decision, then just expect the usual crap that UKBA tells everyone.

kings76

Post by kings76 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:03 pm

I told her to ask the ukba to speed up by application due to my dad prostate cancer which he had and the same letter my lawyer sent to them which they advice me if I wish to withdraw which I never replied back to them but I made it clear to my MP that I am not withdrawing it,she told me she forward the same letter to them so I don't know how she sent it if she added anything again

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm

What I can say is no one in the UKBA can really give you a clear answer other than the usual backlog crap. I can also honestly say that their customer relations team don't check your application. I've got the same emails all throughout my waiting time and in all 3 or 4 letters, they managed to get my application date wrong, spelled my name wrong and never even checked it my documents are lost or not. They are just probably checking from their system if you have sent them complaints or inquiries before and just put those details on your next letter. The team who accepts the MPs letters are the same ones answering the inquiries in the FOI requests in whatdotheyknow site. Based on that, they don't have any idea where and what exactly is going on with your application.