ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport delivery address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Passport delivery address

Post by hsmp28122006 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:48 pm

Friends,

I won't be available to receive passport/returned documents delivery to my home as I will be at my work place (Mon - Fri). Is there a possibility of either of these:

1) Request that the courier guy just drops the package into my letter box without requiring me to sign stuff
2) Request the passport to be delivered to the work address
3) Request passport to be delivered only on Saturdays

Which one is the most hassle free and time efficient option - any idea?

Any other workarounds?

Thanks for your help!

skymoon

Re: Passport delivery address

Post by skymoon » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:05 pm

hsmp28122006 wrote:Friends,

I won't be available to receive passport/returned documents delivery to my home as I will be at my work place (Mon - Fri). Is there a possibility of either of these:

1) Request that the courier guy just drops the package into my letter box without requiring me to sign stuff
2) Request the passport to be delivered to the work address
3) Request passport to be delivered only on Saturdays

Which one is the most hassle free and time efficient option - any idea?

Any other workarounds?

Thanks for your help!
They will deliver to your home address by letter box and no need to sign anything. They deliver mine into my door and i got later when i came back from work.

hsmp28122006
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp28122006 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07 am

Sounds great skymoon...is it true for "secure delivery" of return documents too?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 am

It will depend if the courier deem your house as safe or not (no idea what the criteria is. I guess a letter box through the door is considered safer than a letter box in the hall. Maybe also depends on the neighbourhood).