ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sriupr
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Extension

Post by sriupr » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 pm

1. Current vignette HSMP / Tier 1 : Tier 1 (G)
2. Date of PEO Appointment : 20-02-2013
3. Number of dependants: 1
4. Employment: salaried employee
5. Date of expiry of current leave (visa) : 16-03-2013
6. Date of expiry of the new visa : 16-03-2016
7. Payment mode : Debit Card (hsbc)
8. Name of PEO Applied : Croydon
9. Approval letter: Given on the same day
10. BRP Received on: Not Yet ( in another 7 days or so)

Appointment was at 8:20 am, reached there at 7:45,
security clearance, payment,biometric taken in next half hour.
Waited to be called from case worker, got called at around 9:30 ish, case worker just asked for Application form,payslips,
bank statements, didnt bother to check anything else.
Got called back at 10 and was told that visa has been extended for next 3 years

Thank you for all the help i have received in this great forum, i owe to this forum and will try to be active here.

Cheers

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

info needed

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Sriupr,

I have an appointment at 08:05 on the 15th of March. i understand they require us to get there 30 minutes before the appointment time. Do you think they will be open at 07:30am?

Also, could you share a list of documents for your application so i can be sure i havent missed anything. so far i have the below:

1. passports for me and 2 dependants
2. marriage and childs birth certs
3. 12 bank statements
4. 12 payslips
5. p60 for 2011-12
6. p45 (changed job in Aug 2012)
7. 3 application forms (1 for me and 1 for each dependant)
8. 2 x photos for all 3 of us
9. certificate of award for the masters degree
10. print out of points calculator
11. excel sheet with salary breakdown
12. cover letter from me explaining circumstances
13. tenancy agreement and utility bills for proof of address

is there anything else that you can think of? I will appreciate any help from you.

Kind Regards

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: info needed

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:41 pm

immiadvisor wrote:Hi Sriupr,

I have an appointment at 08:05 on the 15th of March. i understand they require us to get there 30 minutes before the appointment time. Do you think they will be open at 07:30am?

Also, could you share a list of documents for your application so i can be sure i havent missed anything. so far i have the below:

3. 12 bank statements
4. 12 payslips
5. p60 for 2011-12

is there anything else that you can think of? I will appreciate any help from you.

Kind Regards
according to this thread you already applied for ilr on 16 Janor is this thread with respect to another one of your unsuspecting clients who has paid you for advice?!

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

I guess the purpose of a forum is to get guidance and advice relating to different scenarios no matter who they relate to.

One of the most annoying thing about this particular forum is Guru's like yourself trying to police every post.

Whether some one is paying me for advice or if i'm doing this for my own knowledge is not something that should concern you at all.

Now, if you will not answer the original question will you please let others do so?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:12 pm

So you are not denying that you are using this forum to obtain very basic information on behalf of a client who has paid you for advice believing that you are competent to provide it. If you are not so competent you should be referring the case to an advisor who is. How can anyone possibly give informed comment on whether the list of documents are appropriate when they know nothing about your poor client? How do you know that any person replying has any idea what they are talking about? Surely if your client wished to seek advice from strangers on a public forum he would have done so rather than pay someone? Finally why should anyone here give you advice for free when you have been paid to give that advice?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm

So you are not denying that you are using this forum to obtain very basic information on behalf of a client who has paid you for advice believing that you are competent to provide it. If you are not so competent you should be referring the case to an advisor who is. How can anyone possibly give informed comment on whether the list of documents are appropriate when they know nothing about your poor client? How do you know that any person replying has any idea what they are talking about? Surely if your client wished to seek advice from strangers on a public forum he would have done so rather than pay someone? Finally why should anyone here give you advice for free when you have been paid to give that advice?

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Wow, you got so excited you posted the same thing twice.

Relax, I don't need to but still assure you that i'm not getting paid for the advice I am seeking. Some people do have friends you see, and some people like to help others.

So you can now stop acting like you own this place and let others do the answering.

Oh and yes, I have no doubt in my mind that you yourself provide immigration advice for a living and rely heavily on people's experiences on this forum.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:35 pm

And does your 'friend' know that you are seeking advice on public forum because you don't know what you are doing?

If anyone wishes to reply to your post there is nothing stopping them from doing so?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm

WAY too much documentation. Read the application form together with the guidance for exactly what is required and don't submit anything more than that. The more documentation you submit, the easier it is to find a reason to reject your application. (Submitting 5 different pieces of evidence for salary, means that there are 5 documents they can look at to spot a mistake and reject your application). Submit only what is required!!!!
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:22 pm

Greenie,

You really like to butt-in into other people's lives, don't you?

how does it concern you if my friend or client (as you believe) knows what i am doing or not? Are you paying me on their behalf?

Didn't they teach you at school to mind your own business?

I doubt the purpose of your being on this forum. Are you here to seek/give advice or to make others feel small about themselves?

Get a life Mate and move on.

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Cheers mulderpf,

Much appreciated.

Also, apologies to everyone for all the hot air created in this thread.

Some people like to get into unnecessary childish banter on a forum that is created to address a rather mature subject.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

immiadvisor wrote:Greenie,

You really like to butt-in into other people's lives, don't you?

how does it concern you if my friend or client (as you believe) knows what i am doing or not? Are you paying me on their behalf?

Didn't they teach you at school to mind your own business?

I doubt the purpose of your being on this forum. Are you here to seek/give advice or to make others feel small about themselves?

Get a life Mate and move on.
It concerns me if someone holding themselves out to be an immigration advisor is offering advice paid or unpaid when they are not competent to do so.

If you want people to mind their own business then don't use a public forum to ask for help from strangers for your clients/friends

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:50 pm

How did you come to the conclusion that I am seeking advise to give to clients in exchange for money?

Is it my login id? In that case you are probably a cauliflower and shouldn't be typing on a computer in the first place.

What should really concern you is the fact that you are on a public forum going about insulting unknown people for your own entertainment.

What should also concern you is questioning the competency of a person you don't know. It should concern you that you think you are better than everyone else here because you know a little more than others about Immigration.

I'm not doing anything wrong with posting a question on behalf of someone.

If you don't want to answer it or find it concerning, keep your mouth shut and click on the next thread.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:00 pm

immiadvisor wrote:How did you come to the conclusion that I am seeking advise to give to clients in exchange for money?

Is it my login id? In that case you are probably a cauliflower and shouldn't be typing on a computer in the first place.

What should really concern you is the fact that you are on a public forum going about insulting unknown people for your own entertainment.

What should also concern you is questioning the competency of a person you don't know. It should concern you that you think you are better than everyone else here because you know a little more than others about Immigration.

I'm not doing anything wrong with posting a question on behalf of someone.

If you don't want to answer it or find it concerning, keep your mouth shut and click on the next thread.
If you want accurate answers, then I suggest a few things:

1. Drop the attitude and respect the people you are asking advice from, whether you like what they have to say or not
2. Give accurate information from the start. You are the one who started all this confusion by using terms like "me" and "us", so it's perfectly acceptable for people to assume that this is your application.

Greenie has pointed out a number of valid concerns, calling him a cauliflower on a public forum isn't going to get you the advice that you require. You are going about this completely the wrong way.
Do not send me PM's with specific questions - post question in the open forum so others can also benefit from the answers.

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Re: info needed

Post by immiadvisor » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:15 pm

Greenie wrote:
immiadvisor wrote:Hi Sriupr,

3. 12 bank statements
4. 12 payslips
5. p60 for 2011-12

Kind Regards
according to this thread you already applied for ilr on 16 Janor is this thread with respect to another one of your unsuspecting clients who has paid you for advice?!
Please see the above comment and judge for yourself who started with the attitude. If I did use words like 'me' or 'us' what exactly is wrong with that?

Should I have started my comment with "my best mate from school...?"

It is completely irrelevant in this case to know who the application is for. The question was quite specific and i didn't think anyone needed to know my background before answering it. BTW, calling someone a cauliflower is a lot better than calling someone a 'cheat'.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Well, with you saying that it's an application for you is in contradiction to what we know about you already and what you have stated previously. That's why it's important to know who this is for, because based on what we really know about you already, the correct answer would that you don't need a PEO appointment.

honey_parmar
Newly Registered

Post by honey_parmar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:22 pm

Hello immiadvisor ,

I really agree with mulderpf that u should only provide the no of docs which is asked for.

I have a friend who provided 15-17 docs in his application along with Cheques photocopy ( Which is nowhere mentioned ! in guidance ) BUT he still got verification letter from UKBA to clients.

So just provide , just what is asked for.

Rest drop your anger which I know could be due to stress of application process but try to concentrate on extension application using this good forum which I duly appreciate.

Best of luck .

Ta

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 am

[quote="

I have a friend who provided 15-17 docs in his application along with Cheques photocopy ( Which is nowhere mentioned ! in guidance ) BUT he still got verification letter from UKBA to clients.

Ta[/quote]

Never heard this before, so ukba actually do sends verification letters?