ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

utility bills while applying for visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orthodoc
India

utility bills while applying for visa extension

Post by orthodoc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:50 am

Dear Forum members,
I am here on a tier 2, I am getting an on site hospital accommodation ie a 2 bed flat for my wife and kid, which is very reasonable and convenient. The rent includes the utility bills and council tax. Only concern I have is that no separate utility bills will be issues in my name. Will that be an issue while applying for ilr/visa extension?
Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:18 am

Can you explain your thinking some more? It's not necessary to provide utility bills for this application so I wonder what purpose you think they may serve.

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am

I was wondering the exact same thing Lucapooka
Regards

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Can you explain your thinking some more? It's not necessary to provide utility bills for this application so I wonder what purpose you think they may serve.
Thanks for your response. Sorry about lack of clarity in my first post.
My understanding is utility bills like electricity , water and council tax bills are good evidence of address proof, so in future if I have to make application for tier 2 ext/ change of employer / ILR, will I be needing them. Because my onsite hospital accomodation rent includes all those, so they wont be able to provide seperate bills for them.

orthodoc
India

Post by orthodoc » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:10 pm

orthodoc wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Can you explain your thinking some more? It's not necessary to provide utility bills for this application so I wonder what purpose you think they may serve.
Thanks for your response. Sorry about lack of clarity in my first post.
My understanding is utility bills like electricity , water and council tax bills are good evidence of address proof, so in future if I have to make application for tier 2 ext/ change of employer / ILR, will I be needing them. Because my onsite hospital accomodation rent includes all those, so they wont be able to provide seperate bills for them.

Still waiting for some advice.... Experts kindly give your opinion

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:08 pm

Last edited by z18runway on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:09 pm

I think you are talking about co-habitation documents ?

If you are, then you can show NHS letters, GP letters, phone bills or statements, bank letters or statements and any kind of letters on your name or in your spouse name or in joint name.

P.S- You don't need any utility bills for visa extension.