ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years for ILR rule implemented

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:32 pm

Indian high commission calls for meeting to complain about HSMP visa changes

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_02_ ... eeting.htm

Not sure whether the rules can be overturned but definitely a good move by Indian embassy.

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:06 pm

can anyone please update ... what is happening with the case.
THANKS

British

Post by British » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:16 pm

Hmm, i don't think that the Indian govt. can do anything to sort this out.
You will know this in a couple of months form now, trust me!

This attempt is an eye wash stunt between UK and Indian govts (or just the Indian govt. alone), because every one knows that the visa rules (when they are created) do not neccessarily attach any moral values to it. The UK govt. (or any govt. for that matter) will reserve all rights to change stuff (even restrospectively! (really unfair, morally speaking, though!).

I don't think that the UK govt. will budge on this one, so my advise is don't hold your breath on this one to be successful.

jason_rency
Newly Registered

good news for oversea Docs (Quote from VBSI)

Post by jason_rency » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 am

http://vbsi.org.uk/index.php?mact=News, ... eturnid=15

hope it would have some positive impacts on 4-5 JR

Jason

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: good news for oversea Docs (Quote from VBSI)

Post by olisun » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:38 am

jason_rency wrote:http://vbsi.org.uk/index.php?mact=News, ... eturnid=15

hope it would have some positive impacts on 4-5 JR

Jason
Well, can one take the govt. to court if he / she is made redundant, can they?

The NHS is cash strapped anyways.....
Last edited by olisun on Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:32 am

THANKS

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:43 am

Does anyone really believe that the judicial reveiw for ILR 4 to 5 will be successfull?
I'm on a ancestral visa and had to extend it by a further at a cost of £500 and I hear rumors of the ILR visa costs increasing to £1200 from 1stApril 07.
HO are on a good wicket here, making money of the back a hard working non-residence!

RobinLondon
Member of Standing

Post by RobinLondon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:46 am

I'm on an ancestry entry clearance as well and have just done the same extension as you. However, be careful when citing rumours like this. We don't really know the new true fees until the HO fat lady sings!

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Newbie mistake with regards to the new fee rumour.

The judical review decision should have announced this week,but still no news!
Doe's anybody knew whats going on?

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:52 pm

please update us..
THANKS

ssi

Post by ssi » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:47 pm

The Admin Court lawyer said she passed the JR application file on to her colleague but unfortunately the latter was 'too busy to' put the application before a Judge for consideration. She PROMISED she would do it TODAY and normally it requires half a day for a Judge to make a decision.

gaurav

Post by gaurav » Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:44 pm

The Admin Court lawyer said she passed the JR application file on to her colleague but unfortunately the latter was 'too busy to' put the application before a Judge for consideration. She PROMISED she would do it TODAY and normally it requires half a day for a Judge to make a decision.

fingers crossed!!!!

jason_rency
Newly Registered

any news or JR

Post by jason_rency » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:49 am

any updates?
seems no news from VBSI

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:31 pm

can we please have some update.. its going to be almost a year now.. are losing the patience...??????????
THANKS

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:35 am

Hi Easylife4me, I feel your frustration, with regards to the JR application.
I think it is a waiting game now and the longer the courts and HO hold out and delay JR, the better for them.
I completed my four years in Jan 07 on a Ancestarl visa and whilst changing the rules close to the end game is unfair, by the time they make a discison it will be time for me to apply for ILR.

My frustration is compounded as my Mother was born British and because I was born pre 1961 out the UK ,I have no claim to British Nationality via descent, unlike my sisters, both born after 1961 outside the UK, who qualitfy as British via descent.
I have given up on the system it does'nt work! and it does'nt make me feel very British, despite having British blood.

easylife4me

Post by easylife4me » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:35 pm

Australia passes same law. but NOT restrospective - 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something Interesting, Australia recently changed its Permanent residence law, from 2 years to 4 Years. BUT this is not retrospective at ALL. Pls read BELOW
For our case,We MUST aggressively put forward that the HOME OFFICE's position does not CONFORM to international standards at ALL.

Feb 26, 2007
Canberra - Australian citizenship will be harder to obtain after federal parliament approved the biggest overhaul of citizenship laws in almost 60 years.
Migrants now must spend four years in Australia before being eligible for citizenship - double the previous requirement of two years.
The security department will be able to veto a person's citizenship application if it deems him or her to be a direct or indirect security risk.
It raises the age at which people become exempt from having to pass a basic English test, from 50 to 60 years.
The changes passed the Senate on Monday night after the House of Representatives approved them in last November.
More debate on citizenship is due later this year when the government moves to introduce tough measures requiring migrants to pass general knowledge tests before being granted Australian citizenship. - AAP

Will they affect current permanent residents?

The new residence requirements will only apply to people who become permanent residents on or after commencement of the legislation.
People who are permanent residents before the commencement of the new legislation will only need to meet the current residence requirements (presence in Australia as a permanent resident for periods amounting to two (2) years in the last five (5) years including one (1) year in the last two (2) immediately prior to making the application) provided they applied within three (3)

http://www.hsmpforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154
THANKS

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:57 pm

easylife4me wrote:Australia passes same law. but NOT restrospective - 03-04-2007, 04:42 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Something Interesting, Australia recently changed its Permanent residence law, from 2 years to 4 Years. BUT this is not retrospective at ALL. Pls read BELOW
For our case,We MUST aggressively put forward that the HOME OFFICE's position does not CONFORM to international standards at ALL.

Feb 26, 2007
Canberra - Australian citizenship will be harder to obtain after federal parliament approved the biggest overhaul of citizenship laws in almost 60 years.
Migrants now must spend four years in Australia before being eligible for citizenship - double the previous requirement of two years.
The security department will be able to veto a person's citizenship application if it deems him or her to be a direct or indirect security risk.
It raises the age at which people become exempt from having to pass a basic English test, from 50 to 60 years.
The changes passed the Senate on Monday night after the House of Representatives approved them in last November.
More debate on citizenship is due later this year when the government moves to introduce tough measures requiring migrants to pass general knowledge tests before being granted Australian citizenship. - AAP

Will they affect current permanent residents?

The new residence requirements will only apply to people who become permanent residents on or after commencement of the legislation.
People who are permanent residents before the commencement of the new legislation will only need to meet the current residence requirements (presence in Australia as a permanent resident for periods amounting to two (2) years in the last five (5) years including one (1) year in the last two (2) immediately prior to making the application) provided they applied within three (3)

http://www.hsmpforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154
In what way is Australian immigration laws related with UK immigration laws?

They are both different countries with their own (immigration) laws and it's not necessary that one country has to follow what the other country is doing.

V4VENDETTA
Newly Registered

ILR FEE INCREASE FROM APRIL 2007!

Post by V4VENDETTA » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:50 pm

PROPOSED NEW FEES FROM APRIL 2007!

Indefinite Leave to Remain Postal: OLD: £335 NEW: £750
Indefinite Leave to Remain Inperson: OLD: £500 NEW: £950

What could possibly justify an increase of such magnitudes?

£500 - £950 IS A RIPOFF!
WHAT CAN WE DO TO STOP THIS?
IF ITS PROPOSED WE HAVE A CHANCE OF STOPPING IT, OR THE VERY LEAST STALLING, OR DELAYING IT.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutu ... onresponse

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/6 ... es2007.pdf

tvt

Post by tvt » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:30 pm

My sources told me a few months ago that the premium fee for ILR would be £1,000. I can now see that the proposed fee is a bit cheaper.
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

WP_Holder_05_2002

Post by WP_Holder_05_2002 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:04 am

Anyway, this is not the model country we dreamed. As highly skilled people, we are demanded all over the world and can get higher salary and benefits in many other countries. And we may have to pay low tax or no tax.
But now so much of our time is wasted and Home Office is proposing such unjust rules one by one. They sound like in extreme hurry to throw the immigrants out.
They don't know the value of skilled people.

In 1963 a highly skilled muslim scientist migrated from India to Pakistan and he wanted to work in Pakistan, he tried to work for Pakistan for whole one year, but nobody bothered to listened to him. In 1964, he went back to India and worked on atomic energy. He made there defence system extremely strong and he is honoured to become the president of India. Yes, he is Dr Abdul Kalam.

Moral: Skilled people are the real asset of any country, if you don't respect them and force them to leave, you can't even estimate how much loss you may have to bear.

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:12 am

WP_Holder_05_2002 wrote:Anyway, this is not the model country we dreamed. As highly skilled people, we are demanded all over the world and can get higher salary and benefits in many other countries. And we may have to pay low tax or no tax.
But now so much of our time is wasted and Home Office is proposing such unjust rules one by one. They sound like in extreme hurry to throw the immigrants out.
They don't know the value of skilled people.

In 1963 a highly skilled muslim scientist migrated from India to Pakistan and he wanted to work in Pakistan, he tried to work for Pakistan for whole one year, but nobody bothered to listened to him. In 1964, he went back to India and worked on atomic energy. He made there defence system extremely strong and he is honoured to become the president of India. Yes, he is Dr Abdul Kalam.

Moral: Skilled people are the real asset of any country, if you don't respect them and force them to leave, you can't even estimate how much loss you may have to bear.
:lol: :lol: :lol: More Pakistani propoganda...Do you seriously think the Indian establishment would allow someone who actually migrated to their worst adversary (Pakistan) to head their Nuclear Missile Project or indeed, rise to the highest office in the country??Get a grip mate...

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:51 am

WP_Holder_05_2002 wrote: In 1963 a highly skilled muslim scientist migrated from India to Pakistan and he wanted to work in Pakistan, he tried to work for Pakistan for whole one year, but nobody bothered to listened to him. In 1964, he went back to India and worked on atomic energy. He made there defence system extremely strong and he is honoured to become the president of India. Yes, he is Dr Abdul Kalam.
That is ridicolous, read his autobiography, in 1963 he was heading a team of scientists in Indian Space Research Organisation..
Wake up mate..
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:45 am

Guys, please stop this war of words India vs Pakistan, it has nothing to do with the new proposed fees for 2007 or this forum.

Secondly please remember this is only a proposal and not the final words on the matter, just yet.

Yes it is a rip off, espically if you have already extended your visa by one year and paid for the privilege.

Now you will be forced to pay for it again and at double the rate.

But lets wait see until the 1st April!

I think this proof of the Government no longer wants immigrants, which is fine ,but they should be brave enough to say so!

stedman

Post by stedman » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:52 pm

I don't see these changes as the government not wanting immigrants. They just want us to pay more and more money for the priviledge of something we do not have a God given right to, no matter how much one would like to think we do. Like anyone who wants ILR or UK citizenship isn't going to fork out the extra money! If they wanted to get rid of immigrants they'd increase the time to get ILR to 15 or more years as it is in some countries (including some African and Caribbean ones)

I think the increases are appalling but that's life in the 21st century and there's no point getting upset about it. I was furious when the HO started charging money for extensions as they were free when I arrived here, but I told myself - why get angry about something you have no influence over? Every year everything gets more expensive - tube fares, petrol, house prices, even a loaf of bread has now, for the first time, crossed the £1 threshold!

ps: I voted Lib Dem in my region to make a point but didn't stop Blair and co from staying on...

WP_Holder_05_2002

Post by WP_Holder_05_2002 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:38 pm

OMG.
I just read it in a newspaper (about Dr Abdul Kalam) and my purpose to to give this reference was to show the importance of skills. I am not doing any propoganda here. I am sorry if the reference is wrong or it hurt someone's feelings.

Just wanted to say that skilled people must be respected and not humiliated like this.

Anyway, good luck to everyone.

My ILR is due in six weeks time and whatever the outcome of JR will be, is not going to effect me (one year of life is already wasted).